Add Fonts

KoDuty
KoDuty Website User Posts: 111

I found some awesome fonts for text on internet:

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/chalk-fonts/

Can I add them to Hitfilm?

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff

You can't add fonts to HitFilm specifically. HitFilm just accesses your system fonts folder, so if you download those fonts in TrueType format and install them into your main system fonts directory, then they will be available in HitFilm.

• KoDuty
  • RicardoM
    RicardoM Website User Posts: 1
    edited January 2016

Hello, I am having trouble with the same problem. The font that I downloaded it in is OTF format. With this type of format will it still work?

thanks

• Yeremyah
    Yeremyah Website User Posts: 1,000 Enthusiast
    edited January 2016

I think HitFilm only detects the true type fonts, .ttf

http://www.dafont.com/ttf.d592

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Website User Posts: 4,063 Enthusiast
    edited January 2016

Not all fonts will work in the Hitfilm text tool. Some fonts will not show up in the Hitfilm font list. Some fonts will show up there but simply not work.

It seems OpenType fonts with Postscript glyphs do not show in the Hitfilm font list. OpenType fonts with Truetype glyphs and plain Truetype fonts seems to show, but some of them simply do not work in Hitfilm.

I have a font translator, TransType 4, and it can fix some issues but not all. I mostly used that tool to fix issues NewBlue Titler Pro had with some fonts. It is an OpenGL app like Hitfilm.

In Hitfilm Pro 4, we have Boris text tools and it seems work work fine with all installed font types.

• KoDuty

Can I modify the text like how I want with Boris text?