Cloning

HitFilmer289932
HitFilmer289932 Website User Posts: 81 Just Starting Out

Is there a technique to get the audio down perfect when you make a clone of a person talking to his other self?

Comments

• StephansBilderwelt
    StephansBilderwelt Website User Posts: 523

Could you explain a bit more what you are looking for? Best overall tipp would be to use good microphones, record the ambient sound separately. Make sure there is no disturbing sound when recording the different acts. Fade down the sound at the in an out points by using keyframes in the editing. 

• HitFilmer289932

I'm looking to get the timing right on so that a question from one and the answer from the other flows rather than appear phony.  It's not really the sound quality I'm looking for right now but more the timing. 

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,021 Ambassador

This might sound a little strange, but, before you shoot, pick a song the actor knows that's about the same speed/feel of the scene and have your actor learn/practice BOTH parts of the scene to the song. Basically, think of the lines AS a song. "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore, for example, might be a good tempo guide because, if you know the song, that sax loop is already running in your head. And that earworm of a hook is a pretty good guide for pretty natural spech. 

Since timing lines is always the hard part of performing clones, I have found this very helpful. 

Works for fight scenes, too. I can't tell you how many fight scenes I have staged and rehearsed to the "Mortal Kombat" theme! That particular song is a great tempo for film fights. 

• HitFilmer289932

Thanks for the tip.  I'll give it a try.