HitFilm 3 Pro and scopecam movies?

mich777mich777 Website User Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm wondering if I can make scopecam movies with HitFilm 3 Pro. I'm an airsofter and have a gopro on my head and an zoom in scope on my replica.

What I will do is making movies like this:

But i'm wondering how I can put an cross over my movies and maybe how I can put a cirkel in it like this movie.

Can somebody help me ?

Comments

• orangepeelorangepeel Website User Posts: 87

you should probably look for some scope images on the internet, there are heaps out there. it is optimal to find pre keyed images or footage that has a green background. if you can't find any, you can do this effect in hitfilm. Make a new plane, making the color green.  Grab the Polar Warp effect, which basically forms the circle part of your scope. Now add another black plane, and mask out the left horizontal crosshair line(in your video the very left line which does not reach the very centre) by using the rectangle mask. Copy this mask and move it to the right side of the green circle. Next duplicate the plane and rotate it 90 degrees so that you get a basic cross shape. For the middle, do the same thing, add a black plane and mask, but this time do only 1 rectangle mask with the edges touching the left and right of the cross hair. Make sure to have the mask significantly thinner than the edge crosshair. Then duplicate and rotate 90 degrees again. So now you have the basic scope effect. For the little spokes on the inner cross just add another black plane, mask out little rectangles and copy and paste to your liking. Feel free to add more elements, the basic technique is to add more black planes and mask. For example the bottom vector in the above video just consists of a plane with some curved masks and some rectangle masks to create the middle. After all this create a final black plane(this will be the background) and drop it underneath all your layers. Then bring this composite shot into the comp which you want the scope in. Go to effects and search for the color difference key, and drop it onto your scope. This will remove the green and will expose your video layer underneath. 

• mich777mich777 Website User Posts: 3

Hi,

First off all thans for the good information. I did everything you say and it works. Right know I have made all the movies I want and wonna save them on my computer, but I have a problem.

First I had HitFilm Pro 3. But there it was not possible to save the movies on my computer, only upload them on youtube. Because I'm processing the movie also on an other program it will be better if I can save the movies on my computer. I was looking to buy HitFilm Pro 3, but saw that it's €300 +. That is a lot for only make some movies with a cross. So I downloaded HitFilm 3 Express, because that it's free. But also there it's only possible to export my movies on youtube and not on my computer. Is that correct ?

• orangepeelorangepeel Website User Posts: 87

hitfilm express should be able to export to quicktime format, h264, AVi, and an image sequence

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,265 Ambassador

@Mich777 you haven't activated the software yet. You're in demo mode. FxHome should have emailed you an activation code. If not, click your own name here. That will take you to your own profile. From there click  "Software," from there you can get your serial and also download the most recent version. 

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,866 Ambassador

mich777 Sounds like what Triem23 is suggesting. You are a target market for Hitfilm 3 Express, being that it is free to do a fair bit (including some of what you are trying to do) but also allowing you to upgrade the bits (purchase what you need) you need to make that video even better.

Oh my that does rather sound like I work for HF but I don't, just passionate about a business model thats inclusive not exclusive.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,265 Ambassador

Lol. I've been known to sound like an ad myself. That said Hitfilm Pro is basically unbeatable at it's price point and Express? To paraphrase Ryan Connelly from "Film Riot," Hitfilm Express is abour the only free editor that's any goid. 

• mich777mich777 Website User Posts: 3

Oke it works. Thanks for all the information !!