Edgw Warp to compensate for short throw screen curvature

I need to make the side edges of the film to be warped taller than the center for a special short-throw project on a curved screen.

I don't know which effect (Bezier Warp?) in order to create a eliptical wapr so the sides are larger, thus when projected compensates for the smaller height on the sides.

Thanks!

Strings

Comments

• RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast

My first thought was the fisheye effect - with amount set to a negative value, the scale reduced and Wrap set to "No" for both X and Y, you basically have the effect. That's a very quick and easy solution, but depending on the projector setup, this might be too inflexible and not give a satisfying result. If that's the case, then I'd go for bezier warp too, and adjust the points manually until you have exactly what you need.

• Strings123Strings123 Website User Posts: 34

Thanks, Robin.

Fish-eye was a thought but it warps all sides. This is more like an "expand the sides taller" effect. Pinch-punch is more or less the same thing (not sure if HitFilm has that, but many other editors do - and it's mostly useless except for funny stuff).

I will give it a try.

Thanks again.

• Strings123Strings123 Website User Posts: 34

Someone I spoke with wanted clarification.

The edges will probably be expanded by about 20% or, maybe 10-15%. The projection surface is rounded only along the horizontal. So that means along the horizontal axis the distance is mostly uniform, but the top and bottom edges get further away because of the radius.

Thanks to everyone.