audio problem

Hi I'm looking to purchase this software but in the demo when I import media from my sony dcr-sr42 the videos fine but when I play all I here is a beep and nothing show in the audio like the audio wave, also noticed that it is an mpeg 2, can you help as this would be my decision on purchasing hitfilm or staying with visionlab.
thanks

Comments

• Majahr
    Majahr Posts: 573 Enthusiast
    edited August 2011
    Hi.
    Make sure, that the sampling rate of the project settings is exact the same as your footage...Please report, if that helps..
    Regards,
    Marc
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,255 Staff
    If you are using a Sony camera there is a good chance that it uses AVCHD footage with AC3 audio, which are not compatible with HitFilm. If so, you will need to convert it to a compatible format before importing it.
    We are working on getting the rights from Dolby to add compatibility for these formats, but don't have a date yet when it will be implemented.
  • guitar74
    guitar74 Posts: 506
    is that a digital camera or a tape sony camcorder?
  • LittleshyFIM
    LittleshyFIM Posts: 29 Enthusiast
    edited September 2011
    I've got an audio problem too...not sure if I should post here or make a new topic. Excuse my newness :P
    Anyway, is there a way to set Hitfilm's default audio device? Audio works with my headphones, but not my speakers. Format of audio doesn't seem to be the problem for me. [Although I do use a Sony camera and would like to see support for it when editing individual clips.]
  • AxelWilkinson
    This should be controlled by your system, I would think. You need to route audio to your speakers in the Control Panel? I'm not familiar enough with Windows to know the specifics, sorry.
  • HitFilmer210510
    HitFilmer210510 Posts: 1
    edited September 2011

If you are using a Sony camera there is a good chance that it uses AVCHD footage with AC3 audio, which are not compatible with HitFilm. If so, you will need to convert it to a compatible format before importing it.
    We are working on getting the rights from Dolby to add compatibility for these formats, but don't have a date yet when it will be implemented.
    i have exactly that problem can someone please suggest me a program to use to convert it in a compatible format?
    i want to note when i was using the demo the sound with AC3 audioworked,when i bought it,it stoped!
  • Froi
    Froi Posts: 966
    If the Audio is in the wrong format you can always change it and save it as the audio file, then add it on to the footage?
  • Handbrake is a free program that will convert AVCHD format to MP4. My friend has a JVC that uses AVCHD and it works perfect to convert his videos so he can use them in Hitfilm. http://handbrake.fr/
  • Grisby
    Grisby Posts: 299 Just Starting Out*
    edited September 2011
    There is a lot of Material out there, not working with Hitfilm (even absolutely PRO-Material like that "Hollywood Camera Work"-Stuff, even after renaming it... but i think, thats normal... I'm converting Videos with a handful of Programs, till i am in that Stuff (nearly 20 Years?), thats daily Business in my Opinion... nothing i would be angry about...
    But as more Material Hitfilm can use without converting, as better. ;-)
  • Same problem here. My audio works when I play it on my computer, but is mute when I try to do the same on Hitfilm. I just bought a brand new Sony camcorder today so that I could make this video and am rather put off by this.
  • AxelWilkinson
    As was mentioned already in this thread, if the camera is a Sony then it is likely creating AVCHD footage, which uses Dolby audio which is not compatible with Hitfilm at this time. We have nearly completed a license agreement with Dolby, and should have compatibility soon, but in the mean time, you will need to convert the audio to a compatible format.
  • You must get sick of answering this question Axel...lol