Graymotion's Zone

1161718192022ยป

Comments

• spydurhank
    spydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,992 Ambassador

You made that Greg? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that's awesome! :)

• GrayMotion
    GrayMotion Website User Posts: 1,495 Enthusiast
    edited March 3

Yea Frank. A little iClone animation. I was going to scope in on @DafterThings Spartans that landed and wiped out the British squad and get me some revenge. Then when the short-film collaborative went CoD a-like to Quantum Leaps I had a brain fart... I got to quit mucking around.

A-Beside. I didn't know of anyone who sounded, like a women, to say Connie's (code name Alex) line... "Quit mucking around.!" to Brad (code name Pop) the sniper guy and his lame slide to prone ~to finish out my thought on the process I was struggling thru ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,232 Ambassador
  • spydurhank
    spydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,992 Ambassador

Love it, has some super serious potential. That last pic came out really good to. :)

• GrayMotion
    edited March 28

@spydurhank

The Huey I mentioned in PM

Love me some Rob Zombie ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Here are a few cleaner shots of the Huey

• spydurhank

@GrayMotion

Very nice dude. The Helicopter looks pretty good too. :)

• GrayMotion
    edited March 30

It's a low quality render but I couldn't resist @tddavis . Youtube slaughters (banding) gray backgrounds.

The man had very unique facial features with his eyes and is very tough to get it just right. Close only counts in ๐Ÿงฒ 's and hand grenades right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,649 Moderator
    edited March 30

@GrayMotion Looks fantastic. After all the work you did on that, I only wish I hadn't had to withdraw my segment from the project. That is the most work that got done on it. These 12 hour days watching the 2 autistic homeschoolers really eats into my time.๐Ÿ˜ž

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,837 Ambassador
  • spydurhank

I like it, you can see the skin wrinkles and stuff in the normal map appear at certain angles. :)

• spydurhank

Almost done with this Greg, had to retopo your copter though, there is just something wrong with the faces. Like I said in pm, that .fbx was pretty nasty. Managed to save the textures by copying the UVs from your .fbx model over to the retopo model. Doing it this way destroys the animation but I'll be able to group the doors and rotors so yo can animate it easily.

Need a break, the only thing that burns me out is retopology and UV unwrapping. I hate retopo but sometimes it is the only way to fix a model. :)

• GrayMotion

@spydurhank ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Man! Dude!

• GrayMotion
    edited April 4

These 12 hour days watching the 2 autistic homeschoolers really eats into my time.

Well I understand completely. The way I look at it is you're working on your entrance to meet the Spirit in the Sky. You gotta have priorities...and IMHO you have a few very, very honorable one.

• GrayMotion

@tddavis Terry...โ˜๐Ÿปโ˜๐Ÿปโ˜๐Ÿปโ˜๐Ÿป

• GrayMotion
    edited March 30

Need a break, the only thing that burns me out is retopology and UV unwrapping.

@spydurhank Now you see why I said what I said in the PM about this particular model and compensation๐Ÿ––

• tddavis
    edited March 30

@Thanks, Greg, for the kind words. Although I get pretty tired some days, it is definitely worth it as the grandson has been saying more and more this past year to communicate than the four years he's been 'in person' schooling. Definitely a win for him.

• spydurhank

Hey Greg, @GrayMotion

Yeah I've gotcha... I just really enjoy doing anything 3D. My brain starts to work real good whenever I 3D. :)

Redid the Textures too so you'll have cleaner maps. The original maps still fit the UV slots but the Textures that I just finished painting are smoother than a Pimp makin' a peanut butter Sammy. :)

The textures are good enough for close ups but not the mesh because I didn't add bevels so all the corners are sharp.

I'll Dropbox the model for you in a little while, or first thing in the morning, just wanna test it first in Hitfilm. :)

• tddavis

@spydurhank Loving those glass reflections! Looks incredible.

• spydurhank

Thanks Terry @tddavis , I love me some glass. :)

• CourtneyP
    CourtneyP Website User Posts: 45 Just Starting Out*

I don't know stuff but I'm here! ๐Ÿ˜…

Go @GrayMotion Greg! The doctor looks really cool!

Yay @spydurhank Frank! Making stuff do things an such.๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ€

• GrayMotion

I don't know stuff but I'm here!

@CourtneyP You are too humble. I suspect you are the rock behind Frank AND you do know your stuff! Thanks for the observation on the Dr. I only wish @tddavis could have continued with his project as it would have been pretty cool to see what was in his skull cap but his time is being well spent with his Grandkids. ๐Ÿ‘

Continue to be cool girl!

• spydurhank

Courts dad took a spill today so just got a chance to get back to this. Went ahead and added Bevels which meant that I had to re-Texture but texture painting is easy cake. Here is a quick test in Hitfilm with nothing fancy happening. Just checking out that the Normals, Shading and Bevels import properly. :)

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,232 Ambassador

Jeez, hope Court's dad is ok?

• GrayMotion
    edited April 6

Oh wow! Hope everything is ok Frank. Falls are a nasty thing for us senior citizens. We don't bounce very well. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

The Iroquois is looking AWESOME dude!

• spydurhank

Just saw your video on Youtube Greg @GrayMotion , it came out pretty awesome dude... pretty damned awesome. I dig what you did with the lights there. :)

Courts dad is fine, waited a few days just to be sure. I'm surprised he didn't concuss himself because he went down face first. He was in the garage and I heard him fall from the other end of the house. His nose and wrist looked like they were broken but he's gotta be fine because he shot pool with me two days ago and again yesterday and he wasn't playing like he was hurt. :)

I've got you chopper ready and will Dropbox it to you later in the morning. Let me know if you wanna Skype so I can run you through the changes that I made... oh yeah... I made other changes... cooler changes... lots of em'. :)

• GrayMotion
    edited April 10

Wow! Face plants are not good. I've only see it first hand once myself. Last year the wife got up in the middle of the nigh and tripped over a rug beside the bed. I heard a huge thud and F..k!! (My wife is the guardian to the gates of Heaven and never says that word.) Come to find out in the morning she had huge black eye and her nose was a little flat on the end. I asked what had happened and she said she hit the floor with her face! I tried to reminder her why God gave us arms (to keep us from face planting). She didn't think I was very funny. She said later that she use to bounce...but it appears I dont bounce no more. Made me chuckle. All that aside I am glad to hear that Courts Dad recovered well. Sucks when you dont bounce no more.

Thanks for the kudos on my little Helicopter exercise. The goal was to see how the characters size measured up against the Helicopter..granted it only has a small single door which btw is NOT made for dangling your feet from. Oh and the lights - stumbled across the LUA script that's built into the Helli - so I turned them on. I have to remember that a lot of the models I get have many animated options. It appears brain farts are getting closer together because I'm sure I found the scripts once before but evidentially I forgot. Whats up with that?

I cannot wait to try a full on shot with the Iroquois and characters - should be a blast! Thanks for taking the time to flesh out the model for me...I OWE you BIG!

• tddavis

@GrayMotion The helo video looked great. ๐Ÿ”ฅ Loved the light playing off the windows.

• spydurhank

Aha... another random Gravity check. :)

My niece Monica did one of those when she was 7 years old, she's all growed up now.

She had never fallen before but in this case she tripped on one single solitary stair and was falling face first onto concrete from a about a literal, half of a foot high.

She did manage to swing her arms out to her sides, but not in time to bring them far enough in front of her body to slow or stop her from going face first into the floor.

She basically almost made it look like it was intentional, "which is why everyone laughed", instead of an accident because her posture made it look like she jumped up and out and tried to fly like a bird. Her body went horizontal dude and she did everything but flap her arms... then Gravity took ahold of her face and did what gravity eventually does to peoples faces. It plants them firmly on the ground so that they can really get to know and understand Gravity. :)

Ya know... she bounced so hard that one of her shoes came off... the shoe got more air time than Monica though. :)

Ah also, I'd have your model uploaded but we got Storms today so either Lighting hit something or some Joker that don't know how to drive a car hit a powerline. We just got power back on a little while ago. Yay. :)

I'm leaning towards and more inclined to think that it was a car because the power went out and turned back on a few times in a row... almost like whomever the someone was that hit a powerline, was trying to back his car away from the powerline. Hard to tell because I never heard Sirens.

• spydurhank