Hitfilm 3 Express is making longer videos than what it is suppose to be.

TheAddictedGamerTheAddictedGamer Website User Posts: 2

I'm new to Hitfilm 3 Express. When I went to edit a video together to upload and went to export, it said I had a 14 minute video! The actual video I put together is only like 6 minutes long. I have a good computer. Someone please help!!

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

The first thing to check is your 'Export area' setting on the export screen.

'Entire timeline' will export the entire timeline, regardless of how much content is there. So if your timeline happens to be 14 minutes long but you only have 6 minutes of video on it, you'll get a 14 minute video with black on the end.

'Work area' exports only the area you manually specify by setting the work area. You can set the work area by pressing I (in point) and O (out point) at the desired frames.

'Content area' automatically exports only the section of the timeline containing actual content. It won't export empty space at the end.

• RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast

One additional thing to keep in mind is that the Editor timeline automatically extends to accommodate to the new content. So there either is no "Entire timeline" option for the editor timeline, or it does the same as content area, not quite sure right now which is the case. But either way, you should be fine by choosing "Content area".

• TheAddictedGamerTheAddictedGamer Website User Posts: 2

Thank you guys so much. For some reason it switched, that didn't happen on my first video. It worked, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.