URGENT! Failed to Push Frame

deltaalpha05deltaalpha05 Website User Posts: 16

Hi Again,

Every time I try to upload a video to YouTube through HitFilm 3 Express I get the error "Failed to Push Frame #". It's really annoying. 

I think it maybe because it is registering 53 Mins of Film in total even though it's only 17 Mins. 

Here is a picture of the editing window:

Any help would be appreciated!

-delta

Comments

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador

It looks like your outpoint is set to 5 minutes rather than 17 mins.

Check your export settings when you get to the export page. Make sure you've got 'editor' selected for 'Timeline'. Also, in the 'Export area setting' make sure you've got the 'work' area selected or you could end up with all kinds of blank screen at the end of the content you want shown.

Have you tried putting the tracks into a composite shot and exporting?

Not sure if this will actually correct anything but an alternative to see if it's the Youtube link or not that is causing the problem, export the video to AVI or H264 and see if the same problem occurs. If not, you can directly upload that video file to youtube if you need to get it there now.

• deltaalpha05deltaalpha05 Website User Posts: 16

Hmmm.... Ill try what you suggested now.

And I haven't tried putting it into a composite shot... Any idea how maybe I can do that?

I tried exporting it to "Content Area" and nothing happened either....

Something ain't right at all... 

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,243 Staff

What frame # is failing to push? What are the specs of your computer?

OS
    CPU:
    Graphics Card:
    RAM:

It varies... It's either 127,37 or some other number.

CPU: Intel i5 4670

GPU: MSI Nvidia 760 GTX

RAM: 8GB

Any help would be really great!

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    edited September 2015

To get everything into a composite shot you would have to click '+new'  in the Media panel. Select composite shot, make sure the settings are what you want and click 'OK'. If you need to adjust the time length after set-up (or need to make any other changes), select the 'Settings' option to the left of the 'Export' button directly above the timeline on the right side of the screen. Then drag the clips into the composite shot and position them how you want them. Export the same way.

Like I said, just trying to figure out a way to get you around the problem- IF it can be done. I'm sure Axel will have some ideas too. Hang in there. your specs look okay. Have you updated your graphics card driver lately?

Keeping the graphics card up to date is imperative with HF.

edited September 2015

Hey Bud,

This is very useful. I'll try my best to work with what you adviced!

I did need an update but it seems to just be a patch... I'll check up if anything has changed!

Thanks a tonne Stormy!

-delta

Hi All,

I tried Stormy's idea and it still didn't work... Something isn't right with the exporting at the moment... Really Really need this right now. Any help will do!

-delta

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,509 Enthusiast
    edited September 2015

@deltaalpha05 Did you read this thread yet?

http://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/comment/58256/#Comment_58256

You might want to open a support ticket in case it helps staff track down the problem. In the mean time see if adjusting the bitrate or turning off any effects makes a difference

Ill send 'em it now thanks Aladdin!

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,881 Ambassador

Hi @Deltaalpha05 I can see from your pofile you are new, not sure if you are new to Hitfilm so apologies if my questioning seems basic but your title did say URGENT.

So, basics, can you export the movie to your computer without the error?

If you can't have you tried a smaller / different movie edit to check the output is working. Do something real basic like load a movie into the editor keep it small and output it, does this work?

If all of the above works and it is just when exporting to YouTube then that is indeed odd. You may have to export to local drive and upload manually to YouTube.

Good luck.

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

Does anything notable happen on the frame in question? ie, does a new video clip begin, or a particular combination of effects?

Hey @Andy001z. Yes I am to hit film but I am used to premier and all. I tried to use the videos that I recorded on Camtasia and It didn't recognize it. But VLC did. So then I tried creating another small project and same issue. So I dunno what's going on...

As for anything noteable. None really. Just slow scrolling. Need to run it from my GPU but it's registering it through my CPU... But apart from that no issue. I used very little effects (only transitions and audio fades). But that was it really...

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,881 Ambassador
    edited September 2015

@Deltaalpha05 you said Hitfilm didn't reconise it, that is most likely becuase the codec you exported it in needs the extra $$$ option for HFExpress 3 (Codec pack). I checked out Camtasia (nice product) and can see it supports export to MP4. What option are you using. I have included the help guide from Camtasia here.

Can you provide details on the video format you are using. If you right click on the file and look at the details it should tell you the codec.

Andy001z

edited September 2015

I need to check. But I first exported the original video through handbrake and put it at 60FPS. The original video was already that but hit film didn't recognize it to well as there was a huge audio delay.

Again it could be an issue with that. But I got no idea why it still ain't working.

As for Camtasia. It's meh. Can't properly export to 60FPS. Been trying for months but it just doesn't work. And the software isn't well optimized with my GPU.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,307 Ambassador

Yeah, Handbrake is giving you mp4/h.264 video. So I don't think the codec pack is the issue. 

What are your Handbrake export settings? 

Camtasia exports with a variable frame rate, which is what was causing audio drift. So converting through Handbrake was a good move. However, h.264 is lousy for editing. You might want to try downloading the DNxHD codec and MPRG Streamclip (both free) and converting your footage to DNxHD .mov files. Then right-click your video files in the Hitfilm Media Pool, select "Relink" and choose tge DNxHD version. 

Mifht help. 

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,950 Enthusiast

If exporting AVC/H.264 for editing, use Baseline profile. That is the simplest, non technical, way to drop some of the decode compute intensive things AVC can do. AVC can edit just fine if one avoids certain features. This is kind of like dumbing AVC down to mpeg-2 levels. AVC Intra is very much like DNxHD/Cineform/ProRes. 

Triem I'll send ya my ones through this picture

Ill check the other ones to see if it helps! 

Ill check it as well Norman tomorrow and give you all some feedback...

deltaalpha05 how are you getting on? Any better yet?

edited September 2015

Still struggling. But I am constantly trying to fix it. Basically I record use ShadowPlay and then I place my clip into handbrake because of the frame drops.... In short the audio refuses to sync with the actual video. And then it still crashes...

Also. Hitfilm is lagging every time I use it.

@deltaalpha05 Oh dear, sorry to hear that your still having issues. Hitfilm lagging may be a number of things, the Codec and video format as mentioned above may be a factor. Have you another device that can record video, say a smart phone or compact camera? Take the output of that and a) try it in Hitfilm and see if its any better and b) covert it to the recommended DNxHD version format and try again.

Good luck

edited September 2015

Ill try that. I do  think it's the video format.... They produce relatively large files for recording but yeah.... I have always had that....

Ill play around with it! Thanks a tonne! 

edited September 2015

Ok so I export the video to avi and then it only shows 6mins 55 of the 19 minute video....

I am completely stummed.

This discussion has been closed.