H3 Pro 16 Bit Colour Clipping on Mask Bug = Weird Colours

PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast
edited September 2015 in HitFilm

This is a variation on the  previously reported 16 bit vs 8 bit issue here, only this time it's to do with masking.

I have a simple set up:  a stabilised layer parented to a Point, then both are duplicated and the 2nd layer is parented to the 2nd point, which has its Anchor Point adjusted to offset the 2nd layer.

A masked hole is made in the top layer so that the hole allows the offset version below to show through and remove the blemish (Me, standing there looking up at the aircraft)

16 Bit Project version produces sparkly edges to the Mask, 8 bit works fine.

Comments

• AdyAdy Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,453 Staff

Hi,

The issues are most likely related to your original report, meaning that if the original issue is fixed it will fix this as well. Either way, I have added this information to the original bug report so it can be investigated.

Ady

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

I'm sure you're right and it's all connected

I perhaps should have made what I was doing slightly more obvious in the video; which was using an oval mask, keyframed for size and position and with a blurry edge to blend it in.

It's the blurry bit combining with the layer below that produces those sparkles, whereas in the other report it was colour adjustment going out of range.

• AdyAdy Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,453 Staff

Palacono - No problem, I could see what was going on & this thread is linked to the bug I raised. Thank you again for your help & for pointing out these issues.

This discussion has been closed.