Updated Versions

ryandkramerryandkramer Website User Posts: 1

I have edited a film on HitFilm 3 Express. While editing on this software i updated HitFilm 3 Express which also updated the file i was working on.

I have since upgraded to the full version of HItFilm 3 Pro but i cannot access my original file as it says my HitFilm 3 Pro is not updated enough to run the file yet there is no further updates available.

What can i do to fix this as i spent hours editing the film and do not want to lose the file?

Comments

• RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    edited August 2015

[Disclaimer: save a copy of your original project somewhere safe before trying what I suggest in this post, in case something goes wrong]

HitFilm project files a pure xml, so you could try and open it with a text editor, and replace the version number that's saved in the file with an earlier one, probably best the one your HitFilm 3 Pro version has. Keep in mind this could break the project if it uses features that are in fact really not available in an earlier version of HitFilm, so keep a backup of your project file like I said above.

If you don't want to do this or it doesn't work, you'll probably have to wait until an update for the Pro version comes. I'll tag @Ady here so it doesn't slip by the developers.

• EmmaEmma Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 79 Staff

If you've got the latest version of both HitFilm 3 Express and HitFilm 3 Pro installed, you should be fine to open a project file saved in Express in Pro.

Can you post the exact error message that you're getting, and the versions of HitFilm 3 that you've got installed please (you can check this by launching the software and clicking on the HitFilm icon in the top left corner to bring up the About dialog).

If you're able to upload the project file you're having trouble with it will make it easier to help you further.

• RahuljayantRahuljayant Website User Posts: 4

i used hitfilm 2017 in my previous project and saved it.. but i sue hitfilm pro 4 .. i cant able to open again in hitfilm 4 pro...

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador

@Rahuljayant projects in Hitfilm can move "forward," --a HF3 or HF4 project can open in HF 2017--but not "backwards,"--a HF 2017 project cannot open in any previous version. 

all my spented times are waste...

cant you do something?

IM trying this because when i try to export from hitfilm 2017 .. render programm stop / crash ...

• CedricBonnierCedricBonnier Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,189 Staff

@Rahuljayant can you tell us a bit more info please? What message do you get when it crashes? Do you have any error messages? As Emma said, if you send us your project we might be able to help you further.

This discussion has been closed.