Freezing a particle simulator

JPS333JPS333 Website User Posts: 119 Just Starting Out

Hi Hitfilm community, I was wondering if it is possible to freeze a particle simulator for the whole video so that looks like All the particles are frozen in time.

as always I am happy to give out more info and all comments and suggestions are very much appreciated  

Comments

• FilmTechFilmTech Website User Posts: 388

Go into particle systems then general then you can see Particles per second.First what you want to do is set a keyframe on the first frame and set the particles per second to the amount of particles you want. Then on the very next frame change the particles per second to 0 and you have frozen particles. You will also want to go into general to change the time shift so the particles are already on screen. Hope this helps.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,228 Ambassador

Yup. At the top of the particle sim controls is a control called "Time Scale." You can speed up, slow down, stop--maybe even reverse--a particle sim from there. 

• JPS333JPS333 Website User Posts: 119 Just Starting Out

Thank you guys so much!this helps heaps. I'll hopefully show you some results with it soon enough. 

• FilmTechFilmTech Website User Posts: 388