New Project Error

Hey, I've had hit film for a few weeks now and been using it and its been great. But I opened it up today, hit new and it crashed. So I restart the computer, same thing. Reinstall the software. Same problem again. Any suggestions?

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,255 Staff
    Sorry to hear you are having troubles. What has changed on your computer from the time you started using the software until now? Any new software installed, or any new hardware connected? Have you updated any drivers or installed any other software updates that could be a factor?
  • Not that I can think of. Just basic stuff like itunes updates. I have an ext. harddrive but thats always plugged in. I left my comp turned off all night and opened it up today and managed to get the programme running when i hit new but when i import my footage, the same thing happens.
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,255 Staff
    Thanks for the update. Is it only when you create a new project that this happens, or do you have trouble if you open an existing project?
  • Hmmm...I'm getting the same problem. Trying the Ultimate Demo version. It crashes when I hit new project. So, I haven't been able to even get started! I'm running windows 7 in parallels on a mac pro.
  • Hendo
    Hendo Staff Posts: 160 Enthusiast

Hmmm...I'm getting the same problem. Trying the Ultimate Demo version. It crashes when I hit new project. So, I haven't been able to even get started! I'm running windows 7 in parallels on a mac pro.
    HitFilm won't run under a virtual machine like Parallels, since it needs direct access to your computer's GPU (video card), rather than through a virtualization layer. Booting into a real Windows drive via Bootcamp should be fine, though (as long as your Mac's video card meets the minimum requirements).
  • Ady
    Ady Posts: 1,531 Enthusiast

Not that I can think of. Just basic stuff like itunes updates. I have an ext. harddrive but thats always plugged in. I left my comp turned off all night and opened it up today and managed to get the programme running when i hit new but when i import my footage, the same thing happens.

Thanks for the update. Is it only when you create a new project that this happens, or do you have trouble if you open an existing project?
    Josh,
    Just to follow up with what Axel asked, did you get this solved? I would like to know what the problem was if it was solved in order to add it to our knowledgebase.
    Thanks
    Ady