Is the Metropolitan 3D Model Pack compatible with 3 Pro?

rick1rick1 Website User Posts: 204 Enthusiast
edited August 2015 in Post-production techniques

Can anyone tell me if Andrew Kramers Metropolitan Pack is compatible with Hitfilm Pro 3 ?

Comments

• swiftsword7swiftsword7 Website User Posts: 50

I haven't used the Metropolitan Pack so I might be wrong but HitFilm 3 Pro supports the OBJ format and I believe the Metropolitan Pack (looking at the website) has OBJ models as one of the formats.

• rick1rick1 Website User Posts: 204 Enthusiast

Thanks that is great news,and thanks for taking the time to answer me.

• inScapeDigitalinScapeDigital Website User Posts: 715 Just Starting Out
    edited August 2015

@SimonKJones actually uses the Metropolitan models in a very nice looking video here.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,227 Ambassador

Two things about the Metropolitan pack. One, Hitfilm pro 3 doesn't (yet?) support normal maps. Two: for now Hitfilm supports maximum texture resolution of about 4000x3000, so you can improve performance in Hitfilm by downsizing the 8k textures to 4k and relinking them. Otherwise, any Videocopilot models work in Hitfilm. 

Thanks guys for the info,sounds good so will give it a go.

Inscapedigital,sorry for some reason Simons video won't open but no problem.

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador

Here's the vid:

Thanks for the video Stormy, will watch it today.

• RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast

Another thing to keep in mind which might not be relevant to the metropolitan pack but to some other videocopilot packs is that any rigs coming with the models won't work within HitFilm. For example it the jetstrike pack, there are some rigs included to easily animate the jet's features such as landing gear. You can import those models with no problems, but you won't be able to use those rigs.

Hi Robin, I realy only want the buildings to stand there so realy not that bothered with the rigs. I understand what you mean I have Jetstrike and to be honest it is not an easy thing to rig properly, there is only so much you can do.Thanks for the info  and the help all the others have given me.