If you use HitFilm, let us know!

SimonKJones
SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
A quick note: this forum isn't for technical support. If you're looking for help with a problem, please head over to the support area. Thanks!
This forum is for discussing the HitFilm software: what projects are you using it on, what were your first impressions, what would you like to see in future versions?
Do you have a particularly cool technique to share with other users? If you've created a tutorial make sure you post it here so that everybody can find it!
The HitFilm development team reads all your comments even if they don't have time to reply to them all.

Comments

• yeah i use hitfilm
  • I'm with him....
    also, I tried to upload a this video today, but Hitfilm seems to have an error, when ever I try to upload to You tube it fails, but I can upload to my computer no problem...
    Alfa
  • Ady
    Ady Staff Posts: 1,513 Staff

I'm with him....
    also, I tried to upload a this video today, but Hitfilm seems to have an error, when ever I try to upload to You tube it fails, but I can upload to my computer no problem...
    Alfa
    Hi Alfa,
    Sorry you are experiencing problems with the software, but this Thread isn't for technical support, could you raise a Support Ticket here so I can deal with your problem on a one to one basis.
    Many Thanks
    Ady
  • LinkedPictures
    LinkedPictures Posts: 150
    edited April 2012
    'Sup.
    I have Hitfilm Ultimate, and..phew..what can I say, It towers AE.
    I just love the fact that It's so endless and you can do everything with it.
    One of the best bits has to be though, I love the fact that its so, clean, AE just has too many numbers and dropdown boxes strewn everywhere and stupid words for things like 'wiggle' (in another forum, i know)
    I'm working on a feature length film using mainly Hitfilm Ultimate, check it out in the filmmaking forums.
    One thing I pride myself in is that I know how to do the Fus Ro Dah effect from Skyrim :P and if anyone wanted to know how to do it, just say. Also, I'll be doing a tut on it next month.

Anyway, so, keep being Awesome and Now I have saw fingers from typing too much.
  • Jay
    Jay Posts: 55
  • Biq
    Biq Posts: 159
    edited March 2012

A quick note: this forum isn't for technical support. If you're looking for help with a problem, please head over to the support area. Thanks!
    Oops.
    What constitutes "technical support" - is that crashing, installing, etc that sort of thing?
    But questions like "how do i use a mask" are ok here? Or?
  • SimonKJones
    edited March 2012
    Yep, technique questions are fine. Tech support is for if you're having an actual problem, rather than wondering how to do something. :)
  • solosamuraiwhatchef
    solosamuraiwhatchef Posts: 200 Enthusiast
    Yes I do. First use in my Easter short Youtube Clip and currently using it for a 75 minute animated feature
  • Hitfilm = Boss.. Period. And yes i use Hitfilm :)
  • I also use Hitfilm Ultimate although I am a complete n00b at it... for now ;)
  • bear
    bear Posts: 1
    this is my first time using hitfilm to edit a music video i have, im have trouble with the video audio, the audio dosnt show up and i cant see the sound wave. and when i try adding some color correction, it doesnt apply to the video, it show up and i can mess it but it just doesnt get n the video so i can correct the color, its my first time editing in a pc and with this software, i usually edit in my mac with FCP 7, iv been editing for years, but still find it hard to fit in in my workflow with a mac, anyway if some one could help me, i would appreciate your help,
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff
    It sounds like you need to get familiar with the basics of HitFilm. As a 3D compositor, HitFilm is pretty significantly different from a video editor like FCP. I would recommend the video tutorials, which will help you get familiar with the basics as quickly as possible:
    http://hitfilm.com/video-tutorials/
  • I've been playing around with hitfilm now for a few months, and I want to tell you, it's great.
    I especially love the clean and totally logical UI, everything seems to be thought through.
    I don't think I've ever seen a program with such a clean and uniform handling.
    And one thing - which really shouldn't be almost revolutionary - is that copy and paste works on everything (well, at least i haven't found anything that i couldn't copy and needed to). Beeing able to copy a mask from one object to multiple others is such a timesaver.
    What you can do is of course also great, but as someone who earns his money by programming software I really appreciate that every feature is so easy to access and manipulate.
    It's just awesome.
  • Josh3B
    Josh3B Posts: 7
    Using it more and more! Upgraded a few months back from FXLab and Composite Lab, and the more I have been using this on my latest project- "Right in the Cloaca!", the easier it has gotten! Muzzle flashes, keying, the 70s film look filter.
    JB
  • SimonKJones
    Thanks guys! Much appreciated. Do tell all your friends about us. ;)
  • I would have too say that HitFilm Ultimate, is the perfect compliment to, Sony Vegas Pro. I was very disappointed with, SVP11 and the way that it keys. Then I began to look at AE, until I saw the price. Thank goodness for, TupeTape.com.
    But I'm really upset at you guys, because now I have too build a new computer, in order to use it. LOL
  • At the end of the YouTube videos you use the demo to make, does the logo/promo at the end cut into the 30 seconds or after the 30 seconds?
  • Delpefy
    Delpefy Posts: 14
    we use hit film in major productions such as music videos as it is cheap and does the job. And even though not as fast as proffesional stuff it is grate for simple effects. I struggle with the interface as i am used to much more complex stuff and simple things like coulor grading can sometimes puzzle me because i dont have all the bits and bobs and diles i would have on the software i would normaly use (normaly do stuff with sony pictures imageworks.
    I am currently working on a project that needs the pond ripple effect buth the pond ripple effect is NOT effected by 3d positioning! please fix this!!!!
  • SimonKJones
    GreenGhost - I believe the demo logo is in addition to your 30 seconds export time limit.
  • I've been trying to somehow key out the gray in this picture to just get the crack. Any advice?
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff
    Set the blend mode to Overlay?
  • Yep that worked thanks

• I also use Hitfilm Ultimate although I am a complete n00b at it... for now ;)
    Im the same lol
  • I just download the free version of the program, and It's lagging like crazy. I can run After effect CS4 without trouble, Premiere Pro CS4 too with HD footage. I dont understant, is their any setting I need to know to make the program not Lag, or my computer is not strong enough.
    I just download the free version of the program, and It's lagging like crazy. I can run After effect CS4 without trouble, Premiere Pro CS4 too with HD footage. I dont understant, is their any setting I need to know to make the program not Lag, or my computer is not strong enough.
  • SimonKJones
    What are your computer's specs, and what are you trying to do in the software?
  • I have a Intel CPU I5 2500k ( quad-core 3,3Ghz), with 16G of Mem, and a nvidia GTX560 1G video card, and when I'm just adding my video files it's lagging, even when I put the render at half resolution. I really love everything about Hitfilm, I want to buy it cause I have contract coming, but with the lagging problem, I can't work with it. I'm just doing my cuts in my video files, and it's so slow. If my computer's specs are not strong enough, I guess I'm gonna have to wait, cause I just bought it!!!....lol
  • OrangePekoe
    OrangePekoe Posts: 478

I have a Intel CPU I5 2500k ( quad-core 3,3Ghz), with 16G of Mem, and a nvidia GTX560 1G video card, and when I'm just adding my video files it's lagging, even when I put the render at half resolution. I really love everything about Hitfilm, I want to buy it cause I have contract coming, but with the lagging problem, I can't work with it. I'm just doing my cuts in my video files, and it's so slow. If my computer's specs are not strong enough, I guess I'm gonna have to wait, cause I just bought it!!!....lol
    What video format are you using? Are they .MOV files? The hardware you're using is more than enough to run the program.
  • thanks, I didn`t think about that detail, no, it's not a .MOV, I didn't convert my video after importing them from my cam. I'll try that. Thanks!!
  • SimonKJones
    That spec is similar to the spec I have on my home machine - a bit higher, in fact, as I have an older quad core CPU. It does sound like the video format might be an issue, so let us know what format/codec it is.
    What kind of performance do you get if you don't use video, and just play around with the particle simulator as in our latest tutorial:
  • takafuji
    takafuji Posts: 1
    i just installed Standard Edition, i have Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5Ghz, 8GB DDR2, Geforce GTS450 1GB.
    I don't know what problem i have now, same as pierrick. The application become so laggy after i import video. The video is already in my internal HDD, it's RAW video file from SONY Handycam HDR-SR12 which use AVCHD .MTS file.
    I can't do editing properly, need to wait and wait