Scaling lots of images in one action

SimonKJonesSimonKJones ModeratorWebsite User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hardware buying tips for running HitFilm.

Comments

• jaajaa Website User Posts: 73 Just Starting Out

Hi,I am using hit film 2 ultimate ,   I have  over 100 pictures trying to edit ,

when i start dropping  them on my timeline  is not showing  the full pictures 

then i have to scale them one by one ,

is there anyway   when I drop the pictures   on my timeline  shows full picture?

that  I don't have to scale them one by one

Thank you for your help

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,863 Ambassador
    edited August 2015

@JaaIs your project setting size setup the same as your photos, if not they might need re-scalling.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,228 Ambassador

As Andy said, if your project size and picture sizes don't match, you're going to have to scale them. Assuming all your pictures are the same size, load all pictures in. Create a point. Select all pictures and parent them to the point. Scale the POINT. Unparent the pictures. 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,228 Ambassador

@StormyKnight suggested the following in the Hardware thread this was split from. It's a better suggestion than mine. 

Jaa- Once the pics are in HitFilm, make a new composite shot and in the media panel select the top picture. Then press and hold shift and then select the bottom picture- this should have them all selected. Next, left click on any picture and drag them to the composite shot. Keeping them all selected, you can resize all the pictures at once by grabbing one of the corner points and scale to the size you want and to keep the same aspect ratio press and hold shift as you make the adjustments. It should be a lot quicker than scaling them one at a time but if the pics are all different sizes you may have to adjust some individually.

Hope that helps!

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

On the editor timeline you can also choose one of the 'fit' options from the clip's menu - that should work with multiple clips, I think.

• jaajaa Website User Posts: 73 Just Starting Out

Ok got it ,

THANK you guys for all your help.

edited August 2015

@jaa You're welcome.

@SimonKJones @Andy001z @StormyKnight we just came up with four ways of doing the same operation in the interface. First, we rock *fistbump*. Second, never let it be said Hitfilm isn't flexible. 

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador

jaa - Glad we could help. :^)

Triem23 - *fistbump* Now if I were only as flexible as HitFilm!