CloudCutout Applies Machine Learning To Image Editing

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,956 Ambassador
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

That three-image comparison is a little disingenuous. The 'standard chroma keyer' example in the middle is ridiculously awful. You'd have to be fairly incompetent to get that kind of result.

The article and the product website are both a little vague when it comes to details, but the idea of machine learning and using data to improve comps is an interesting one.

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,976 Ambassador

I have to agree with @SimonKJones here, when I first saw this post I was a bit shocked at the quality of the middle shot, I've done better in Adobe CS2 (Yes I still use that version!). Reading the article is suggests that they can remove most backgrounds (school photo type ones). Not really seeing anything radicly new here, unless their process is one click wonder?

• Robin
    Robin Website User Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast

Yup - I was able to grab a better key from that screengrab(!) than what the middle image shows in less than a minute. But their result still seems really good, would like to see that in action.

• chibi
    chibi Website User Posts: 257 Just Starting Out

I think they're aiming for one click automated :)

• StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,728 Ambassador

Yup- looks like a one click idea to me too......aimed at the business market and/or pro photo studios. In a fast paced business environment this would probably be useful with quicker productivity and less cost.