HitFilm 3 Express doesn't want to export in 1080p 60fps?

TheFreshPrinceOfThe6TheFreshPrinceOfThe6 Website User Posts: 4
edited December 2015 in HitFilm

Hoi goiz, I just made a short video (around 53 seconds) and when I arrived at the export section, Hitfilm is telling me that I can't export the video at 1080p/60fps with the h.264 codec. Downscaling the video to 720p/60fps exported with no problems but why can't I xport a full HD video?

Comments

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,945 Enthusiast

Change the level setting to 4.2. You should be able to export 59.94 or 60p.

AVC level 4.0 does not support more than 30p is the reason why.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,275 Ambassador

beat me to it, Norman ;)

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,945 Enthusiast

FxHome should just drop the level setting and have it just be auto based on other parameter settings. The average joe is not going to have a clue what that setting means and why should they. Heck, I don't myself really. I just know they exist and impose various restrictions.

The AVC output of Hitfilm does not have technical control over most AVC encoding options so why be technical about the level. There must be a reason, but with my prescription/myopia I cannot see it.

• TheFreshPrinceOfThe6TheFreshPrinceOfThe6 Website User Posts: 4
    edited August 2015

Thanks a lot Norman! I thought I would never be able to make HD 59.99999fps videos ever again. But now I can. 

This discussion has been closed.