I have an issue with YouTube export?

Monstermasher123Monstermasher123 Website User Posts: 3
edited October 2015 in HitFilm

When I try to Add My youtube account To Hitfilm 3 Express and i input my code it says " and error occurred while getting these details" I inputed My FULL code through copy and paste and did my account I want it on But I can't export to Youtube because it Will not let my youtube account log in

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff

Hmm, HitFilm just hands the login credentials straight to Google for processing, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be accepting them. I'd recommend exporting to your harddrive for now, then uploading to YouTube directly. At least until you get this issue sorted out.

• Monstermasher123Monstermasher123 Website User Posts: 3
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff

The free version of HitFilm 3 Express includes full export abilities, it is not limited to YouTube only. Just make sure you have used the free serial we provided when you registered for the software, to activate it. The serial will always be available in your account: http://hitfilm.com/account/software

• Monstermasher123Monstermasher123 Website User Posts: 3

Ohhhh Thank you axel :)

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,945 Enthusiast
    • This is what it gives me when I add my code : 

I got that error a lot when I tried to setup the Youtube upload. I had to be persistent trying and eventually I got it to work. I did permutations of Google account logout, close browser, close tab and try again.

• CedricBonnierCedricBonnier Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,189 Staff

Hi guys, we are trying to reproduce this issue here but so far haven't been able to. Could you please add more details about your setup:

1. Are you on Windows or Mac?
    2. Are you running a firewall?
    3. What is your router and ISP?

If anyone had the issue and fixed it, it would be very helpful to post here what they did.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador

@CedricBonnier I ALSO had the same issue. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. No firewall. Couldn't give you my router and ISP info offhand (and I'm not home at the moment). i7 2760QM, nVidia 2580GTXm. All GPU dirvers are current, Quicktime is current.

That said, I fixed the problem the brute force way--I just kept entering my credentialsover and over. After about 7 or 8 tries it took.

This behaviour accured on the Update 7 Hitfilm Pro and the RC Hitfilm Express.

On a related note, I have a different error happening. When I export to YouTube at the end of the process Hitfilm reports "YouTube Upload Error," yet checking my YouTube Uploads, the animation has, in fact, uploaded.

I don't really care that much if I get an error saying my file didn't uploead when it did, but, if anyone else gets past the credentials glitch, is the same thing happening?

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,945 Enthusiast

@CedricBonnier

Windows 7 64-bit. Kaspersky AV which has a minimal software firewall in place. Outgoing connections via the normal protocols, http etc, are all greenlit for all applications. My router is a Verizon FIOS router and of course my ISP is Verizon. Since the account setup eventually works, without me changing anything, these things should not be a/the problem.

My browser is Chrome. My email is gmail and my Chrome browser is always auto logged into and sync'd with my Google account and thus Youtube.

My only fix was to not take No for an answer and I kept trying. Also changing the exact sequence. Chrome logged in/out, browser open/closed, leave failed browser tab open/closed. No idea if any of those steps helped or not.

I also always get the "Youtube upload Error" message, when the upload appears fully successful. Saw it with Express and now Pro.

• HawkzillaHawkzilla Website User Posts: 1

Im too having this issue and i have tried 10-12 times retrying but to no avail

• FarscapeFarscape Website User Posts: 90
    edited January 2016

My Hitfilm 4 crashes when I try to export a 90 second video to YouTube. The credentials showed up fine but it still has a forced close. I sent the data dump as requested.

I'm able to create an mp4 but not YouTube format. 

• YeremyahYeremyah Website User Posts: 1,000 Enthusiast
    edited January 2016

I've never bothered with the Youtube export, I just export and save video to mp4 (H.264) onto my Desktop, and then upload to my Youtube account.

Yes, that's what I'm now doing, but even YouTube suggests conversion to a streaming format in advance to save time.

Currently I'm looking at 90 minutes for a 90 second clip.

Maybe I'm just not setting the properties properly.

edited January 2016

Farscape, I have created 20 minute FULL HD, 1920x1080 videos in HitFilm 3 Express, then export and save them unto my desktop as mp4 (H.264), and they turn out to be around 1.3GB in size.

I choose template PAL FULL HD to begin with when creating video.

I then upload to youtube, once uploaded, youtube only takes around 10 minutes to complete processing and make live on youtube.

What exactly is taking 90 minutes?

edited January 2016

Must be my connection then, since my file is only 110 mb at 720p with a 59.94 frame rate. Then again, I suspect all the Christmas action/drone/ugly sweater videos are taxing even Google.

I'd still like to know why it crashes Hitfilm 4 to even try exporting to YouTube. Perhaps I'm just lucky that way.

edited January 2016

So you mean it takes 90 minutes to UPLOAD to Youtube?

What Operating System are you using?

And are you able to backup your OS, then reinstall your OS from scratch to test HitFilm under a brand new and fresh OS install?

Otherwise, do as I do, just export as H.264 and manually upload to Youtube.

edited January 2016

Yes, uploading to YouTube.

I'd give up film making before I have to deal with reinstalls. Windows 10 gave me enough issues already with my scanner and wifi. Now that it's working I'm not going to touch it.

I'll deal with this issue over time.

• CedricBonnierCedricBonnier Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,189 Staff

Hi @Farscape, I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with the software, HitFilm crashing is indeed not normal. I am not in the office at the moment but I'll have a look at what you sent on Monday morning when I get back. In the meantime, please make sure that you are using the latest version of the software.

• USD412TechUSD412Tech Website User Posts: 3

The "error occurred while getting the account details" happened to me when I tried to authorized Hit Film 3 Express using an account with an email other than the one with which I activated the installation.  When I used the proper YouTube account, it worked straight away.  I hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.