Green distortions on video

KrzysztofGryzkaKrzysztofGryzka Website User Posts: 6

I have noticed a green lines and flickering on Timer and Viever window. This is my first run HitFilm3Express. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/191ql06j99mr1bu/flickering.jpg?dl=0

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,278 Ambassador

Interesting. Before I opened your image I thought it would be the "crosshairs" for universe center, but you have a glitch. 

Ok, staff will need more information from you. Please list the following :

CPU

GPU

OS

RAM

In the meantime, make certain your GPU drivers and QuickTime are the most current versions, and try disabling any antivirus you may have running. 

You may need to open a Support Ticket here : hitfilm.com/questions/submit

• KrzysztofGryzkaKrzysztofGryzka Website User Posts: 6
    edited August 2015

Ok, here are all informations for you

CPU: Intel Xeon CPU E5-2692 v2 @2,50 GHz  x2 

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

RAM: 32 GB

I checked drivers for GPU and QT, all drivers are actual. Talking about antivirus, I'm using only windows defender. Do I need to disable windows defender?

• RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    edited August 2015

Probably not, if HitFilm itself is running okay. Your system looks fine, too. These glitches look like they could be something that's coming from a defect of the gpu - are you monitoring gpu heat, and have you overclocked it in any way?

Also, are the glitches always the same on the same frames? So, when you reload the project, do the glitches look exactly the same or are they different each time?

Yes, I'm monitoring gpu heat, everything looks normal and I have never overclocked GPU. 

The glitches looks very variable on same frames for every play video again. Even if my project is reloaded the glitches are variable.

Very interesting indeed... Have you played the video in a video player outside HitFilm, to validate it isn't actually the files that are corrupted? If it shows there too, re-download the files.

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,509 Enthusiast

This actually looks like decoding errors to me. Have you installed any codec packs, Haali media splitter or anything like that?

Robin - Yes, I have played videos outside without glitches.

Aladdin4d - I don't have any of them, I have only QuickTime.

Have you tried reinstalling Quicktime? Maybe something with the QT installation is wrong.

• KadriKadri Website User Posts: 171
    edited August 2015

I would try one basic thing just to see if it works or not.

Take one of the shortest videos and change the video to an uncompressed avi file.It will be big of course. Then import this alone and then with the other videos and see if this glitch happens again. If it doesn't happen it is most likely a decoding error of some kind related to the codec and-or Hitfilm handling on this side.

If it happens again then it is another kind of problem most probably.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,278 Ambassador

I am more inclined to think it's a glitch with this particular computer. The initial screenshot shows he's using "Portal Combat" footage. Since we haven't seen thousands of identical issues, I have to assume Ryan Connelly's footage is good. 

• KadriKadri Website User Posts: 171

Yes i would say GPU firstly and then codec problem. But just in case.

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,056 Staff

Hi @KrzysztofGryzka - we need to know a few more details about your machine and your project to address this query. Could you please send us a support ticket so that our technical team can resolve this for you? hitfilm.com/questions/submit

Once we know what the issue is, we'll be sure to post it back into this forum thread for everyone. 

edited August 2015

Ok, I sent a ticket.

I did some tests with small animation in Fusion compositing software. I made two different files.

First file uncompressed in .avi and second compressed in H.264 in .mov and then I loaded them into HitFilm3Express without the glitches.

The glitches comes back on files with .mp4 extension. 

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,509 Enthusiast

Ok so uncompressed AVI wouldn't need a codec, h264 in an MOV wrapper should be using QuickTime components to decode and an mp4 would be using something else to decode. Now that you submitted a ticket I'm sure Staff will get it sorted out but this really sounds like a codec related problem now.

This discussion has been closed.