pfhoe and hitfilm. Adding signs

DreamArchitect
DreamArchitect Posts: 597 Enthusiast
edited August 2011 in Post-production techniques
Well I think I've cracked the PFhoe and hitfilm workflow. Added one simple step. convert my footage from 23.956 fps to 24 fps before tracking oh and didnt export undistored footage. Works a treat. Subtle but a good demo of what can be done very quickly now I know how. Its the quaratine signs. they are not real. My house is not quarantined...yet ;-)

Comments

• Nuwanda
    Nuwanda HamburgPosts: 177 Enthusiast
    Good job - the tracking fits nicely to the original scene. May I ask for a tutorial incl. the PFhoe & Hitfilm workflow ? ;)
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,255 Staff
    Yeah, that's a nice solid track. Well done. As many people have been discovering that getting an accurate track isn't as simple as clicking through the buttons, if you can put together any kind of tutorial or list of steps for how you created this track, I'm sure many people would appreciate it.
  • DreamArchitect
    I'll try and find time to put that together although I think Nuwanda has now cracked it too and done a very nice track in a similar style. He also has found a great Tutorial on youtube that I've just watched. I learned a couple of things from it that I didn't do in my demo so I need to try those things out before I can post a full tutorial as I skipped a couple of steps.
    I wonder, is there a way of getting hitfilm to import more of the tracking points?
  • Nuwanda
    Nuwanda HamburgPosts: 177 Enthusiast
    @DreamArchitect
    You can find it here under the OPTIONS menu:
    http://hitfilm.com/reference-manual/#options.htm
    As far as I know Hitfilm can handle max 50 tracking points.
  • DreamArchitect
    edited August 2011
    ok, I must have been blind, I had looked in there. I recon they must have sneaked that one in when I wasn't looking haha. Thanks for that. Feel like a bit of an idiot.
    It would be nice to be able to see the tracking points without having to click on them in the timeline though.