Mucking around with vfx

FilmTech
FilmTech Website User Posts: 388 Just Starting Out

Mucking around with vfx... may have gone a bit overboard :P

put together kinda like a vfx breakdown thingy

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,956 Ambassador
    edited August 2015

Actually, you didn't go quite far enough. ;-) A bit  of a masked grade layer with your choice of methods to add in some of the light the fire and muzzle flash would cast would finish this shot nicely. :-) 

Oh, you have slow-motion fire over a regular speed background. 

Otherwise, your tracking is solid, your layers nicely blended, you have the right amount of heat haze, and the grade is effective. Good work! 

• Robin
    Robin Website User Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast

Nice job! The final grade is what brings this really all together. No big critique points except maybe to a little higher quality gun sound.

• StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,728 Ambassador

The final composite looks great! Did you do a sky replacement or is the grade just bringing the sky into better view?

You know the anti-gun crowd will complain about the age of the gunner. lol

• H3rm4n_Studi05_Old
    H3rm4n_Studi05_Old Website User Posts: 99

Add some glow from the fire. Other than that it looks good.

• BriRedd
    BriRedd Website User Posts: 98 Just Starting Out

I like it, nicely done!

My suggestions:

As Triem23 said, you're using slow motion fire but the particles say that it's pretty windy. Try to match the particles and fire by using normal speed fire and less turbulence for the particles.

I also wouldn't have fire across the entire bottom of the frame but maybe just the bottom left (or right) third. That's just me!

• FilmTech

Thanks for all the feedback :D

This was just a fun test but its interesting to see where I can improve.

• FilmTech
    edited August 2015

Re exported it with more things added and I tried to follow the feedback. Feedback now?

I realize the sound got cut off at the end :o 

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,956 Ambassador

Yup, now the whole thing "sits"  together much better! 

• FilmTech
  • BriRedd
    BriRedd Website User Posts: 98 Just Starting Out

Looks like a finished clip to me!

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,976 Ambassador

Wow what a difference between those two. Much improved. Good job.