Error message related to Twixtor

MartyViv
MartyViv Website User Posts: 7

Hi!

I am experiencing an issue using the Twixtor plugin - though I am using the demo version of it, I am pretty sure it happens in the "normal" version as well:

- Create a composite shot
- add footage to a layer
- add Twixtor to the layer
- go to the Twixtor settings
- change the "Speed" settings (e.g. 10%)
- change it back to 100%
- now if you move over the end of the clip and back to the last frame, you get an error message box:

"TwixtorPlugin::renderTwixtor(): Twixtor RVCalculateFrameAtTime failed"

I encountered this on several occasions (e.g. RAM preview), but the steps described above are the best way to reproduce it.

I am on Windows 8.1

Best, Martin

Comments

• Ady
    Ady Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,471 Staff

MartyViv,

Thank you for posting your findings, sadly I cannot reproduce the issue at all on the test machines we have here.

Do you have any further information you can give or maybe you could update the steps as I've tried several times to do this without success.

Thanks,
    Ady

• MartyViv

Hi Ady,

just tried to reproduce it on my side.

What seems important to reproduce this is that you don't modify the length of the timeline of the layer. After you created a new comp, just add the footage, add Twixtor, change and Speed property to 10 and back to 100, move to the first black frame and back one step to the last frame of the clip. The message box should be displayed immediately, I tried several clips, everytime with this result. But when changing the length of the layer, everything works fine again, even after changing the Speed property again.

Hopefully this helps to reproduce the issue on your side.

Best, Martin

• MartyViv

Hi Ady, did that help to reproduce the error?

• Ady
    Ady Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,471 Staff

Hi @MartyViv

Sorry I meant to reply but got snowed under. Yes I have reproduced the problem & logged the issue. Not sure at the moment if it's HitFilm side or if it's an issue on REVision's side but it will be sorted either way.

Thanks for reporting this.

Ady

• MartyViv

Hi Ady, no problem, I didn't want to push, I was just interested

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!