Link to YouTube account. (Resolved)

Asylum15
Asylum15 Website User Posts: 5
edited November 2015 in HitFilm

Hello.

I have a problem with linking a YouTube account in HitFilm 3 Express. I'm working on free verion. HitFilm has a problem with getting my account information. It says "An error occured while getting account crendentials".

I've checked that  I'm logged in while trying to connect my channel with HitFilm(also tried reloging and refreshing). What should i do ? 

Comments

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,014 Ambassador

Hi, not 100% certain on this but I know there is a setting in Google that restricts other programs logging into your YouTube account. You need to go to your Google Security settings and look for the "Access for less secure apps" option. Set it to  Turn on and try HITFILM upload again.

Hope that helps.

• Asylum15
    edited July 2015

Thanks for your help, I wrote that there ist still a probem with it but finally i figured it out. Thanks a lot.

• CedricBonnier
    CedricBonnier Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,192 Staff

Hi @Asylum15, did you manage to link your YouTube channel in HitFilm? If so I'd like to know what you did to make it work please, someone else reported it but I wasn't able to reproduce it here.

@Andy001z HitFilm 3 shouldn't need that setting anymore, it is no longer considered a "less-secure app" since update 7.

• NeilStrawder
    NeilStrawder Website User Posts: 1

I am having the same problem. How did you fix it?

• Asylum15

Ok so accualy I've just got lucky but after removing the YT account and trying to put it back again i have this problem so i think it may be something wrong with HitFilm. But then i asked my friend and he has no problem with adding his YT account to HitFIlm. So I'm still trying to figure it out if you find out anything please let me know

• zachmcantwell
    zachmcantwell Website User Posts: 9

I can say that I STILL have this issue. This needs to be fixed. Like, now, or very soon please. I can't stand it. I've tried everything

• BlobFisch
    BlobFisch Website User Posts: 0

Every single time I try to link my YouTube account and put the code in all it says is ''an error occurred when getting account details" this is extremely frustrating and have tried to fix this for around 2 hours  

• SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    edited September 2015

Hey guys - I wanted to assure you that we're still investigating this problem. It's related to SSL but we've yet to properly reproduce it on any of our office or test machines, which is making a full diagnosis a little slow.

It's definitely not been forgotten, though.

What operating systems are you using?

• GaryPhillips
    GaryPhillips Website User Posts: 4
    edited September 2015

I'm using Hitfilm 3 Pro trial on Windows 10.  Google says that Hitfilm has been authorized to link to my YouTube account.  Yet when I use attempt to link during export of a project, I get the error message after I paste in the authorization code from YouTube.  I've restarted, waited a day for any new messages from Google, etc.  Still doesn't work.  BTW - tried with both Firefox and EI.

Following up.  I got it to work... but I'm not quite sure how.  I copied the page url that Hitfilm brings up in my default browser Firefox, pasted that into Chrome, didn't work.. but tried again several times going back and forth between Chrome and Firefox and it eventually worked.

Just did a test with a 3D object composited over a photo uploaded at HD rez and I'd say it looks pretty darn good for YouTube.  I'm sure the other codec outputs would look very nice.   Still have to decide.

Would be nice if the demo offered still image export from the preview window, just to quickly see the quality of the renders... even if it had a watermark...   :)

• menathan924yahoocom
    menathan924yahoocom Website User Posts: 1

Has anyone figured this out yet? I'm just gonna keep on using Hitfilm 2 Express cuz of problems like this. I spent hours just getting this one 10 second clip ready, then I was going to export it to my desktop so I could compile it in Hitfilm 2 Express, but that's when I found out you can only export to youtube. I'm using a MAC. Is there ANY way to fix this? I think it may have something to do with the activation screen that came up when I first used the program after installing. I rushed through it and now I have no way of knowing if there was something else I had to activate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,380 Ambassador

If your software is not letting you export to a drive, then you are still running in demo mode. You need to check that your software is activated using the license key you were emailed on download. You should also be able to click your own name here to see your account. Click "Software" and you should be able to get your activation key here if you deleted the email. 

I do know the devs are testing a patch for the YouTube issue which is caused by changes Google made you YouTube security over the summer. However, I don't know if that patch will be back-applied to HF2 Express. With 3 Express being out (and free) 2 Express might be officially "End-of-life."

• CedricBonnier

This should now be fixed in every version: HitFilm 4 Pro since the first version, HitFilm 3 Pro and HitFilm 3 Express since update 9 (HitFilm 2 and older versions were not affected).

Please let us know if this is not working for you.

• NCC1701MASH4077
    NCC1701MASH4077 Website User Posts: 3

Well it's not working for me- I downloaded Hitfilm Express 3 recently and when I tried to click "Open Browser" when exporting, it did nothing at all, but when I tried to get a authorization code by managing apps in my google account, it said there was an error with the credentials after I pasted it in Hitfilm. I don't know if it's the same problem that everyone else is having or if I am not obtaining the code correctly.

• CedricBonnier
    edited February 2016

@NCC1701MASH4077 this sounds like a different issue, clicking the "open browser" button should open your default browser on a page that asks you to allow HitFilm to upload videos onto your account. You will have to login to your Google account before.

Could you be a bit more precise as to what is not working? You cannot manually authorise HitFilm through the managing apps on your Google account page. Could you describe your system please? (OS and version, CPU, GPU etc)

• NCC1701MASH4077

@CedricBonnier When I click "open browser" nothing happens. It doesn't open up a page that asks me to allow Hitfilm to upload videos, so I guess if I can't manually authorize it through the browser, then I can't authorize it. I was already logged into my Google account as well. I'm using Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (HP Pavilion g4 Notebook PC) 64 bit 2.70 GHz and 4.00 GB memory, but only 3.48 of my memory i usable.

• CedricBonnier

@NCC1701MASH4077 what is your default browser? If you open a .html file in Windows explorer, does it open your default browser?

• NCC1701MASH4077
    edited February 2016

@CedricBonnier Firefox is my default browser. An .html file opens with Firefox when I click on it, but if I open it with explorer, it doesn't open in Firefox at the same time or anything.

• bansama
    bansama Website User Posts: 1
    edited February 2016

I am also having this problem. I get a link that opens in my default browser (Firefox) which I have tried then pasting into Chrome and Opera, get a verification code which I then try to put in HitFilm3 Express. The result is the same each time: This account doesn't seem to be linked to either a YouTube username or Google+ account." If I try a second time, I get the "An error occurred while getting the account credentials." message. This is on Windows 7.

Edit: I was able to fix by signing out of Google, and then signing back in. No idea why that fixed it, but perhaps it'll be help tracking down the issue.

• CedricBonnier

@bansama This error is coming from Google and usually means that you cannot upload any videos on the channel until you link your old account to either a Google+ account or a YouTube account.

I'm glad signing out and back in solved the issue for you, please let us know if you're having any more trouble with the software.

• Corpseplayground
    Corpseplayground Website User Posts: 1

Hi, ive tried every single ting here and nothing works, i even made new accounts and it stil didnt work. what do i do now?

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,380 Ambassador
    edited January 2020

@Corpseplayground

Save to your computer then upload to Youtube. Every time Youtube changes it's code it breaks the Hitfilm Youtube Upload--and that function was removed from HFP 2017--so you can assume it will be gone from the eventual HFE 2017.

You're messing around with an obsolete and dead function.

• CedricBonnier

@Corpseplayground what version of HitFilm are you using? As Triem said, I would export to disk and manually upload the video to YouTube using your favourite browser.

• Akwist
    Akwist Website User Posts: 1

Hi!

I have a problem too when I'm trying to link my YouTube Account and my Hitfilm Express 4 Software.

I posted a video on YouTube 1 week ago on my channel and it was working. When I try to upload a new one now, it ask me to put the code founded on my browser again.

But Google show a "403 forbidden" page.. I can't connect my account anymmore and post my video..

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks

• CedricBonnier

@Akwist Go to your Google Account Permission Settings, remove HitFilm from the list and try to add it again.

On a side note, the new version of Express, named HitFilm Express 2017 is out now: https://hitfilm.com/express/westworld-to-yuma

You don't have to remove HitFilm 4 if you still want to use it :)

• Mavic2ProGuy
    Mavic2ProGuy Website User Posts: 1
    edited January 2020

Can you help??  I accidentally removed YouTube from within the export setting and have tried everything I could find on the internet to get it back, lol.  I can not export anything.

Thanks! 

"Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app"

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,724 Moderator
    edited January 2020

@Mavic2ProGuy Don't worry, I think from your description all you did was delete the export preset.  They are easy to edit and create.  First, what version of Hitfilm are you using as the Export settings look a bit different?

Edit:  Here is a quick little demo video that should illustrate the process...I hope.  I'm not a good tutorial guy. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pz4hrm445odxjg/Restoring a deleted HF Export Preset.mp4?dl=0

• Triem23

@Mavic2ProGuy

You can also uninstall/reinstall Hitfilm to get the preset back. 

What version of Hitfilm are you running? Hitfilm no longer has a direct upload to YouTube option. If you are running an old version of Hitfilm that used to have that option, it doesn't work anymore because YouTube changed how sign in works. 

Render to your hard drive and upload manually. 

@TheBenNorris I'm not going to split the recent comments off - Tddavis and I answered both possible questions, and there's nothing more to add. I'll just ask you to close this thread, buddy. ?

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!