Another great tutorial from inScape

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,308 Ambassador

Yeah, I downloaded this one, but haven't had a chance to view yet (after work tonight). Looking forward to seeing how he put together. One of the best Hitfilm takes on that effects I've seen. 

• StephansBilderweltStephansBilderwelt Website User Posts: 523

Yes it is again very inspiring. Also I liked the shockwave, as it is easier as in my tutorial (or another way to create one). But again he has been a little to fast for me (think I am getting old). But as always I am impressed!

@Triem , I know I should not ask, but will you come up with a tutorial as well, now as you are back from vacation? ;)

• inScapeDigitalinScapeDigital Website User Posts: 715 Just Starting Out

Thanks for the support!

Thanks for the tutorial 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,308 Ambassador

Javert, I finally got to check this one out, and it's another excellent tutorial--I think your last couple have been your strongest, since you're taking a little more time to go a bit more in-depth for the benefit of less-experienced users. This particular tutorial is also a good example of combining a couple of simple tricks (hand mask and orange solid) with some mocha work, and, or course, multiple layers of particle sim showing how a good effect requires a lot of stacking of simple elements.

Another winner!

@StephansBilderwelt I really, really, really have this huge list of tutorials I want to get out. Several were started (In Hitfilm 2 Ultimate, no less!), but my office space at home got taken over by wedding prep and wedding gifts, and that area still looks like a wedding exploded in there. Recently, I've been retiring to my local coffee shop to animate, but I do hope to get a lot completed in the next few months.

I think I've said it before, but a lot of the tutorials I have planned refer back and forth to each other, so my intent is to finish up an entire "course" and dump it all online at the same time--as an example, I have a tutorial planned on combining 2D and 3D Unrolled compositing (short version: copy your 3D unrolled rig into another comp shot, replace your models with all-black/all-white versions and use this to create an occlusion map for a 2D version so you can add effects directly to your model layers in the main comp.). But it's my "Preparing 3D Models" tutorial that will discuss pre-rigging your point, effects and black/white "matte" copies, which, of course, goes back to using 3D Unrolled to generate occlusion mattes!

And now I shush, before I risk hijacking Javert's thread. ;-) Again. ;-)

@Triem23 looking very much forward to it. I always like your descriptions, but as a non nativ english speaker it is always a bit easier to follow along by seeing something.