Audio from one clip not rendering

Hey guys. I'm using HitFilm 2 Express and normally everything is fine but in this video one of my clips exports with no audio.  All the clips were shot with the same camera and they all play fine in the editor just no audio after exporting. Anyone have any ideas?

Here's a screenshot of my export options.
http://screencast.com/t/Plova6If

And here's the video which I unfortunately uploaded to YouTube and a viewer alerted me to the problem (between 6:50 and 8:10).

Comments

• PhilNolan
    PhilNolan Posts: 70

OK I just restarted  HitFilm and now that clip has no audio in the editor. I played a couple other clips, then went back to the problem one and it was fixed!  Then it stopped again.  Any thoughts? The video file plays fine in VLC or Windows Media Player.

• PhilNolan

Huh! I ran that clip through Handbrake and swapped them in the editor.  It seemed to be working fine in HitFilm so I exported. Now I have no audio and the video is just solid pink!

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff

What is the audio format of the source clip?  And what audio and video format did you convert to with Handbrake?

What are your system specs?

CPU:
    Graphics Card:
    RAM:
    Version of Quicktime:

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,254 Ambassador

To expand, if your source audio is Dolby, that won't work in Express because of license issues. Could you put back your original clips, then drop in your Handbrake transcode to synch the audio? 

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff

@Triem23, just to clarify, Dolby audio is not supported in free copies of Express, but is supported in paid copies, due to Dolby's licensing requirements.  But if all his clips are from the same camera, and only one is having an audio issue, I don't think its Dolby related.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,254 Ambassador

Axel, fair enough. (I assume there are FAR more copies of free Express floating around than paid Express, but I should remember to ask to avoid giving incorrect advice. 

• PhilNolan
    edited June 2015

OK guys problem solved, sorry for the post. I discovered that I actually still had all the videos on my SD card, which is rare, I usually clear them off. So I copied that video over from the card again and this time it worked fine. It must have gotten corrupted when copying  from the card the first time.

Here's the corrected video: