Denoise OFX plugin coming?

AramMAramM Website User Posts: 154 Enthusiast

I recently filmed a short in way too low light and the footage is looking mighty noisy. I have been doing the colour correction on DaVinci and I would so have loved to use Hitfilm's denoise effect to help with some of the shadows I had to lift, but I could not see it. I guess that that is because denoise is a hitfilm exclusive and not an OFX plugin.

Are there intentions to port it?

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

Unfortunately the denoise effect is incompatible with all our current hosts, for technical reasons which I don't have to hand (but am reliably informed by one of our QA guys). I suspect denoise's unique way of analysing the frame and surrounding frames runs into issues when operating via OpenFX in hosts, which will always be a slightly more restrictive environment than inside HitFilm 3 Pro itself.

Sorry about that. :/

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,275 Ambassador

How about denoise in Hitfilm and export Open EXR for Resolve? 

• AramMAramM Website User Posts: 154 Enthusiast

Thank you Simon and Triem.

I need to start considering the EXR workflow. This time I just left HitFilm and denoising for the last step and the results were acceptable (specially considering the mess that the footage was).