External monitor support?

LandonParksLandonParks Website User Posts: 22

I am currently working with the trial of Hitfilm 3, trying to determine if it will fit into my workflow. I have 2 PC monitors and a 1080p Panasonic Plasma for preview. I am trying to find a way to route the 'preview' window to the external plasma. So far, I can only find one solution:

Undock the preview window and drag it to the plasma screen, then 'full screen it'. The problem then, is that at full screen, it shows all the play controls and other boxes along with it. I want a pure, clean video feed to be sent to the monitor - no controls or anything.

I love Hitfilm for it's seeming film-related workflow vs. After Effects and the need for hundreds of dollars worth of plugins, but I need some basic functionalist out of Hitfilm that it doesn't currently appear to have.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast

Well, aside from what you already figured out, there is no full-screen preview at the moment, sorry.

• LandonParksLandonParks Website User Posts: 22

That's what I was afraid of. I really want to like the Hitfilm software, and I appreciate the additional features they are adding - but they really need to get the basics down before trying to delve into fancy features. Having the ability monitor externally without overlays is a very common feature amongst any remotely professional software. I understand that Hitfilm is newer, but some of the features it is lacking are so basic that it makes me think they got all caught up in all cool the effects they add could be, and neglected the interface aspect of it.

Oh well. Looks like until they can get some more professional features into Hitfilm, it'll need to be After Effects w/ Element 3D and Particular. 

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

Thanks for the feedback, Landon. I can confirm that displaying on an external monitor is on the list, though it won't be appearing imminently.

• downunderdownunder Website User Posts: 13

Does Hitfilm Pro 2017 support external monitor for viewing?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,307 Ambassador