Blog: 5 Tips For Marketing Your Short Film

SimonKJones
SimonKJones Posts: 4,370 Enthusiast
edited July 2022 in Practical Filmmaking

It’s finally done. Your blood, sweat and virtually all of the hours you could have spent watching Netflix or playing with your newborn child has gone into creating a short film. It is, in fact, the best film you’ve ever made. It might even be the best film anyone’s ever made.

There’s only one problem. No-one knows it exists. Read more >>

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,411 Power User

Wow, Simon, you totally plagiarized KristieT! ;-) 

For the record, I can speak for a measly two viewers who would love to see a second "Arms Race" series. 

• SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,370 Enthusiast

To be fair, the blog post itself is properly credited to being written by Kirstie. :D She's currently away in San Francisco racing Segways, though, so it's left to me to keep the ball rolling. :P

We'd love to do more Arms Race. The main hold-up on new IAT content is that in the last year there have been three new IAT babies. Add on my son from a couple of years previously and we've all been somewhat distracted.

THAT SAID - Nigel has just set up a new studio in his garden (it's basically an enormous shed), so we're slowly pulling together a new setup that should let us do all kinds of things. Whether we'll return to the Arms Race universe or try some other things we've yet to decide. Probably a bit of both.

• Aladdin4d
    Aladdin4d Posts: 2,466 Enthusiast

It has been said that all the truly great creations in the world are British and started in a garden shed :)

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Posts: 1,272 Staff
    edited April 2015

Is it really @Aladdin4d? I hadn't heard that one!

Does that mean that if I get myself a shed I'll be more likely to create something awesome? (might be difficult because I live in a flat but still!)

• robanhood
    robanhood Posts: 1 Just Starting Out*
    edited July 2022

@SimonKJones

When I clicked your read more button, it did not work correctly. I have a habit of gathering more information about marketing, digital marketing, and other topics and visit many sites like Mailpro because some websites can help expand my knowledge. I saw your article, but the unfortunate thing is that it does not work correctly.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,411 Power User

@robanhood Simon no longer works with FXhome, and the FXhome website has had multiple comprehensive revamps since 2015. I'll tag in web guru @philipwesson (Phil, link in initial post is broken), but re-linking a 7 year old article is probably far down Phil's list of things to tweak. @Phil

• philipwesson
    philipwesson Posts: 492 Staff
    edited July 2022

@robanhood Triem23 is correct here. Here is the correct link:https://fxhome.com/blog/5-tips-for-marketing-your-short-film

I've edited the original post to reflect the change

This discussion has been closed.