Blog: 5 Tips For Marketing Your Short Film

SimonKJonesSimonKJones ModeratorWebsite User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

It’s finally done. Your blood, sweat and virtually all of the hours you could have spent watching Netflix or playing with your newborn child has gone into creating a short film. It is, in fact, the best film you’ve ever made. It might even be the best film anyone’s ever made.

There’s only one problem. No-one knows it exists. Read more >>

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,308 Ambassador

Wow, Simon, you totally plagiarized KristieT! ;-) 

For the record, I can speak for a measly two viewers who would love to see a second "Arms Race" series. 

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

To be fair, the blog post itself is properly credited to being written by Kirstie. :D She's currently away in San Francisco racing Segways, though, so it's left to me to keep the ball rolling. :P

We'd love to do more Arms Race. The main hold-up on new IAT content is that in the last year there have been three new IAT babies. Add on my son from a couple of years previously and we've all been somewhat distracted.

THAT SAID - Nigel has just set up a new studio in his garden (it's basically an enormous shed), so we're slowly pulling together a new setup that should let us do all kinds of things. Whether we'll return to the Arms Race universe or try some other things we've yet to decide. Probably a bit of both.

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,509 Enthusiast

It has been said that all the truly great creations in the world are British and started in a garden shed :)

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,058 Staff
    edited April 2015

Is it really @Aladdin4d? I hadn't heard that one!

Does that mean that if I get myself a shed I'll be more likely to create something awesome? (might be difficult because I live in a flat but still!)