Destination Moon

NuwandaNuwanda Website User Posts: 174
edited April 2015 in Practical Filmmaking

Dear all,

I had the opportunity to do a great film project at my son's kindergarten.

They group of my son was doing a space related science project week two months ago and after that I suggested to make a short movie with the kids.

With support of the kindergarten teacher the kids prepared astronauts space helmets and suits, building the rocket, a launch tower and they created a script incl. 8 scenes.

Finally we all had an extraordinary day at the Kindergarten filming in front of the green screen. The kids were (of course) the astronauts and the kindergarten teacher and myself were acting as "Mission Control".

We did the filming for around 3 hours and it was really fun for all of us - specially for the 5-6 years old kids.

Here are some pictures of the set & Hitfilm VFX. The landscape renderings were done in VUE.

The project is close of being 100% done. There are still some tasks left e.g. color grading and the SFX as well. But for sure we will have a cinema event in the kindergarten asap.

Comments

• rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
    edited April 2015

What a fun project!   I bet the kids did love it and the finished film :)

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador

WOW! Pretty cool. Couldn't do something like this back in my day. I hope you'll be able to post it when you're done.

• NuwandaNuwanda Website User Posts: 174

Trying my best to post it on the Movie Wall. What I need is the permission of all parents - it's because of privacy protection / legal position.

• jasonodegardjasonodegard Website User Posts: 2

This is fantastic!!!! I look forward to seeing the video!!!!

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,056 Staff

Man, I wish that someone had done this at my school!
    What an awesome thing to do for the kids - and I love something about the clash of the realistic moon texture and the actual rocket. Nice one @Nuwanda

• KeeganKeegan Website User Posts: 294 Just Starting Out

SO cute!!!!! I can't wait to see it!!! :))

edited May 2015

Tomorrow is the day I was working for ! I will present the final movie in my sons Kindergarten.

Eight kids were "send" to the moon & back and their dreams come true: To feel like an astronaut and to be an actor in their own little movie. This means a lot to them. Thank you [email protected] for Hitfilm

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,720 Ambassador

Awesome! 

Congratulations @Nuwanda.

edited May 2015

Last friday was premiere day and we all had a lot of fun watching the movie. We started at 10:00hrs and the kids prepared fresh popcorn before.

Final conclusion: Mission accomplished

We started with the feature film followed by the "Making of". So nice to see how the kids realized that they did their acting only in front of a green screen.

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,056 Staff

That looks brilliant @Nuwanda - what a great idea and a wonderful experience for the kids. 
    They look completely captured by it (which, for kids is pretty rare!)
    Congratulations on a great project. 

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

This is the best thing ever. Fantastic use of HitFilm, and I'll bet you've sparked the imaginations of a good number of those kids to look further into filmmaking and/or space science!

I'm going to have to think about this for my son's nursery, now........HMMM.

edited May 2015

Thank you @ all

As you may remember, a few months ago we awarded Javert Valbarr a $100 Amazon gift voucher for his HitFilm tutorials. It was our type of 'staff pick' award and we decided we'd be awarding these on a semi-regular basis, whenever we saw someone doing something cool with HitFilm 3 Pro. 

@Nuwanda - As Simon said, this kindergarten project is a fantastic use of the software and we're inspired by you giving your time and energy so generously towards this project for the kids. HitFilm's mission statement has always been to make it easier for everyone to get into filmmaking - and we're sure you've made a lasting impact on the kids (who've now been to space without leaving the classroom)! With this in mind, we'd like to award you a $100 Amazon gift voucher for you to use as you wish. It could mean that you can step it up another level with your next project. 
    Please do inbox me so that I can provide you with your prize. Well done :) 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador
    edited May 2015

KirstieT @Simon

What can I say ... I'm speechless and happily overwhelmed regarding your decision 

Thank you all so much !!!

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,720 Ambassador
    edited May 2015

Well deserved!

I put the "Making of" online at the Movie Wall ...

• spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,827 Ambassador
  • Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,509 Enthusiast

@Nuwanda Is that an Amiga 500 you're using as a prop??

edited May 2015

Aladdin4d : Yes it is. Well observed...

@spydurhank: Thanks a lot ! Much appreciated