All i want for St Patricks Day is ... some New Features

KiKooVillageKiKooVillage Website User Posts: 19

Morning Hitfilm community, thought this morning i should post something about some of the New Features i would PAY FOR in Hitfilm ...

Just so you know where im coming from, i mostly do Music Videos, Re-edit Short Videos, kinda like Re-Mastering short clips so i need something to edit fast, meaning doing all work using only 1 software and ...
i want it to be Hitfilm :)

Here u go from the simplest requests to the ones that might take longer to implement:

1. Possibility of Setting up Timeline in BPM (Huge for Music Videos)
2. Being able to change any track height by just dragging up n down
3. When adding new clips to have them 1 under next one
and not to have the audio dragged all the way down (like premiere),
having Track2 under track 1 ... n so on, any tracks being either just video or audio or both
4. Audio Waves Visualisation in Comps
5. Some more basics Audio effects (Compressor, Limiter ... essential for quick Remix)
6. Possibility of creating Folders to re-arrange Effects (Not just presets)
7. Multiple Editor timeline support (this is a BIG one for me as i got to
edit quickly 100s of short videos, using same intros/outros/titles .. im stuck wiv Premiere at the mo just for that)
8. VST plugin support ... that would be AMAZINNN
9.Re-design of the Effect panel, not just names but preview image
of each effect (PowerDirector drag n drop effects)
10. Having a list of presets available in each effects (a bit like Universe)
11. Possibility of sharing/finding/buying presets from website,
something like DirectorZone

That's it for now,
keep in mind i think Hitfilm team are doing a Fantastic Job
Have a GREAT day ... it's sunny down here in London ;)

Comments

• rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out

I think skipping 5 and putting 8 in it's place would give you a nice top 10 list :)

BTW, if you're trying to move away from premier, check out sony vegas. It started as a sound program before doing video, so it's pretty strong when it comes to audio features.  Plus, the vegas/hitfilm integration is nice.

• KiKooVillageKiKooVillage Website User Posts: 19

@rgbii I do agree with skipping 5 but thought 5 would take less time to implement than 8 ;) regarding Vegas, my all point for me is to do everything i need in 1 software instead of ... premiere/after effect. so for me hitfilm is very close to what i need ... saying that not sure my wishlist got anyone's interest from the Team ;)

@KiKooVillage since I think the HF team is mostly video folks, writing a compressor from scratch would probably take more time than adding plugins, which is probably documented pretty well, so a third party compressor, etc... could easily be added.

• NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out

"1. Possibility of Setting up Timeline in BPM (Huge for Music Videos)"

I get what your saying and I like the idea, but I dont think it would work. A video clip is always going to have to have a frame rate that is compliant with online or physical video players. Whether its 24fps or 30fps or what ever. If the timeline was set up to be bpm's then what would the final frame rate of the video be? Thats the catch.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,267 Ambassador

@NullUnit , it's helpful for audio editing and music videos anyway. Vegas will cheerfully configure it's rulers to BPM, even though the video is output at 24 or 30 fps. It's still helpful if trying to beat match for finding the frame closest to the beat you're cutting on. It's also helpful if you're cutting and splicing your music tracks together. Of course Vegas started as an audio editor, but a BPM ruler CAN be helpful anyway. That said, the final output will have to conform to a 24,25,30,48 or 60 fps rate, but it still gets things closer.

Besides, there's a lot of music out there that happen to be in multiples of 24, 25 and 30 bpm. There's an awful lot of electronic dance music at 120 bpm, for instance. And that's a perfect multiple of 30.

I agree that either some sort of support for VST plug-ins or better audio tools in Hitfilm should be fairly high priority. Hitfilm's audio tools are it's weakest link. I've tried to do a few full edits in Hitfilm, but the lack of audio tools gets frustrating to me and I end up migrating to Vegas anyway.

• KiKooVillageKiKooVillage Website User Posts: 19

Thanks @Triem23 for the support ;-)
    It seems that Vegas was always the only one to be  able to show timeline in Beats n Bars with obviously having the same kinda fps rates as usual.

I know Hitfilm is mostly for film makers but if i can just add one thing,
    there is a lot more Music Videos done everyday than Films ;)
    Bars n Beats is a time saver for any animation, key framing ... not to have to go through audio detection picks.

Regarding VST support @rgbii that would def be ideal as all Music Producers/ VJs already have lots of audio plugins available

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,267 Ambassador

Well, Vegas is the only one that started as an audio editor. Vegas workflow is almost the inverse of every other editor out there as well. ("Hey, buddy, I edit it VEGAS, so forGET trimmer windows, bay-baaaaye!") ;-) 

• NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out

@triem23 ah that's interesting about vegas. I've been using Vegas forever and never used that feature. I always just line up video cuts to the audio wave form when I want edits to match the beats in music videos.