HitFilm at SXSW - come find us

SimonKJonesSimonKJones ModeratorWebsite User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
edited March 2015 in General

2015 marks the first time the HitFilm team heads to SXSW in Austin, Texas. We're all very excited.

If you're familiar with Austin, give us your visitor's tips! Where should we eat? What are the places to see?

If you're heading to the show we want to know! It's not everyday we get to be Stateside and it's always good to say 'hi' to people we usually only get to interact with online.

For most of the show we'll be roaming, albeit with heavily branded HITFILM bags which can be spotted from afar. If you see us, wave and cheer.

Given that a bjillion people attend SXSW, for a more reliable way of meeting up you should head over to the UKTI stand (Austin Convention Center, Stand 1111+) on the afternoon of Tuesday 17th. That's when we'll be on the stand to talk HitFilm to anybody who dares get within earshot.

We'll have a full report up on the blog when we get back.

See you in Texas.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,267 Ambassador
    edited March 2015

I shan't be anywhere near Texas, but whichever lucky staff gets to take that trip--enjoy! Hope FXHOME gets some good buzz, because HFP3 really ups your game. 

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,056 Staff

Why thank you Triem *tips stetson*

• ernesttxernesttx Website User Posts: 32

Hey Hitfilm team. I'm in / around Austin. I might suggest a place called Bangers and Mash (http://bangersaustin.com/). Lots to do downtown, depends on what you're up for. 

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,056 Staff

Oh great! Thanks @ernesttx - we have heard of that place before and it comes highly recommended so we'll definitely check it out if we get the time!

• BenBen Website User Posts: 51

Around Austin there are lots of things to do, and lots of 'famous' places to go.

For barbecue, I could suggest the now-famous Franklin BBQ, which is world-renowned but can have long lines. Or, the best in the city, Rudy's BBQ, which doubles as a country store on one side and is off the hillcountry.

Then there's drinks, at which point Austin is known for its margaritas and Mexican martinis. The restaurant Trudy's near 24th street makes incredible Mexican martinis unlike anywhere else, and Curra's Mexican Food near I-35 will give you a delicious avocado blended margarita, if you're bold enough.

After all that, if you're still downtown near 6th street for SXSW, come visit us! We're just a few blocks away by the Whole Foods and REI.

• IamJoshuaDaviesIamJoshuaDavies Staff Administrator Posts: 357 Staff

Would be awesome to meet you after all these years Ben :)