Insert Image

kenem
kenem Website User Posts: 2
edited February 2015 in Post-production techniques

Hi

I have HF2, and i trying put image object into movie, but when i do this this image have white background. How can i do this? I use blend - screen.

exp

Sorry for my eng.

Comments

• Robin
    Robin Website User Posts: 1,669 Enthusiast

Your image link is broken, so I can't see what you're trying to do. If you could repost it that would help.

Judging from your description of what you're trying to do, you might have to switch the blend mode. You're using "Screen", which basically keeps all light parts of a video/image, and removes all the black. Perfect for stock footage of any light effects that have a black background. However if you're working with footage of, for example, smoke, that's an effect that most likely should darken the image, so it has a white background and needs another blend mode. Try the "multiply" blend mode here, this is basically the opposite of screen - it gets rid of light areas and keeps the dark ones.

(This explanation is quite simplified to be easily understandable. If you're interested in the math of blend modes, the wikipedia article on them has a lot of interesting info.)

• kenem
    kenem Website User Posts: 2
    edited February 2015

Sorry for that

I try this and nothing  - color only is changing.

Update - this image.png suck so I changed the image of to a new  - multiply working

Thanks 

• Robin
    Robin Website User Posts: 1,669 Enthusiast

You're welcome, glad you got it working!