Moving a layer or objects position by external data

EdMichalski
EdMichalski Website User Posts: 40 Just Starting Out*
edited February 2015 in Post-production techniques

If I have an objects track and orientation in an external text file(CSV).  How do I get it associated with a layer in Hitfilm?

Comments

• Robin
    Robin Website User Posts: 1,669 Enthusiast

HitFilm doesn't have support for importing such data, so not much luck here. You can however try to convert that csv data into a HitFilm composite shot, as those are saved in xml. That's the way mocha exports to HitFilm (if mocha can import csv data, then that might be a way to got), and also a plugin that someone wrote to get camera and null data from blender into HitFilm.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,795 Ambassador

Hitfilm can import tracking data in .ma format as well. I think there are csv/ma converters. 

• Robin
    Robin Website User Posts: 1,669 Enthusiast

Oh right, totally forgot about that. Ahem...

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,795 Ambassador

Well, that's a Hitfilm 1 feature, but with HF2 and 3 having mocha, who needs to import tracking data? (Other than users migrating between 3D software)