Cloud Tutorials?

Hello,

I've searched everywhere for tutorials on how to create realistic clouds using Hitfilm without any luck. I'm working on a project where i want to be flying through and over realistic clouds. Could Hitfilm please create a tutorial for this please? 

Thank you,

Daigs

Comments

• Robin
    Robin Posts: 1,669 Enthusiast

Simon recently posted a tutorial on a plane flying through clouds:

See if that helps. If you have any specific questions about those techniques, don't hesitate to ask, that's what this forum is for!

• Daigs
    Daigs Posts: 3

Thank you Robin, I thought the above tutorial was just about the 3d model itself. The clouds are a preset, not actually a tutorial on how to make them from scratch, but it's better than nothing. I understand that I can manipulate the clouds, but I'll take what I can get. 

Thank you again,

Daigs

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,070 Ambassador

Making clouds "from nothing" is always going to give you something similar to Simon's setup. It this case, he wanted parallel rows of clouds, but for clumps of clouds scattered throughout the sky, you're still going to use the particle sim. Maybe instead of two box emitters you use ten sphere emitters of different sizes and density, change the textures to one of the other built-in cloud textoor import your own.

Simon's preset is a fantastic starting point to experiment with.