Can you turn off the movement arrows?

aarondcaarondc Website User Posts: 264

If you drop a particle simulator there is an X, Y, Z + rotation square appearing on top of the particle system in the viewer.

If you set emitter to sphere, it draws a circle over the particles, with a crossed center.

If you are doing small particle systems, this arrow and circle cover what you are trying to create, and obscure the vision as you scrub or play.

Is there any way of turning it off so I can see the result of what I am trying to do? I clicked outside the layer area once and that seemed to work, and sometimes I luck out on clicking on something else in the composite attributes area that also hides that arrow device, but I would prefer to have a toggle switch somewhere that would just hide it without me having to work around its obscuring capability.

Thanks!

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

There's no toggle as you describe, but the simplest way to remove the controls in the viewer is to deselect the layer on the timeline. You can do this by clicking on any blank area of the timeline.

• aarondcaarondc Website User Posts: 264
    edited January 2015

That's a reliable place to click, which is the next best thing.

Thanks.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,275 Ambassador

Hitfilm does not currently have any method of hiding transformation widgets for active layers and properties. You have to basically deselect all layers by clicking outside of the layers, lifetime, viewer or controls panels (all those panels assume you are working in the active layer, therefore, they will display the widgets.) Media always works. 

I actually agree with aaron_dc on this one. Plenty of times I want to just see the image frame without deselecting my target. 

Oh, Aaron, can I point you to this thread? Your recent questions and observations on the UI and workflow all good, but those are good questions for the Wishlist, since it gives the devs an easy line to follow rather than separate threads for each question. And they do follow it. :-)

hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/comment/50714/#Comment_50714

Ah yes the wishlist. Thanks :D

edited January 2015

Those poor devs having to plow through Windows O/S number system bashing :-(

;-)

:-p

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,275 Ambassador
    edited January 2015

We amuse them. :-P ;-) :-)