Just for fun, Audio Mouth

rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
edited January 2015 in General

A while back while waiting on a client to call back, I was playing around in HF.  I don't really have time to play with this right now, so I thought I'd post it, just for fun :)

Not sure how far it can be taken.  I'm sure there's room for lots of improvement over what I have here.  The mouth movement is based on an  audio file using the Audio Spectrum effect.

If anyone does make improvements on this, I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with.

http://Downloads.BinghamPhotography.com/AudioMouth.zip

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,319 Ambassador

Oh, that's clever! Concept proven! Even as you have it, that's already useful for stylized animations.

• ZedFableZedFable Website User Posts: 136

That is REALLY cool. Gives me some ideas.. I wonder if you could tie the movement to an object that has different mouth shapes- then all you'd have to do is toggle which mouth shape is used when but the movement would be taken care of for you... hmm...

• rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out

Thanks guys, was fun playing with and seems to have some potential.  If I had the time, it would be fun to separately record dialog for a few characters and have them talking to each other.

@ZedFable, I think you could do multiple mouth shapes, you'd just need to key opacity on them so only the desired one is visible. Maybe a bit of a dissolve or other transition between them if needed.