Contrast and brightness problem in HF3 & HF2U

Arek
Arek Website User Posts: 83

When I'm using HF2U & HF3 via dynamic link in Vegas 12&13, contrast and brightness of selected clip is changing (is becoming much brighter and saturated).

Tested on laptop with i7-2670qm, 8GB RAM, radeon 6700m family, WIN7; HP workstation Z600, 2x5650xeon, 12GB RAM, GTX660, WIN8.

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,991 Ambassador

Sounds like a color space mismatch between Vegas and Hitfilm. I am not certain what color space Hitfilm defaults to (probably RGB), but I am going to link a couple of articles here to tell you what Vegas is doing. I am sure someone from fxhome will tell you Hitfilm's color space. 

After you know that, Hitfilm has a Color Space Conversion effect you should be able to dial in to correct the color shift. 

www.glennchan.info/articles/vegas/colorspaces/colorspaces.html

www.glennchan.info/articles/vegas/v8color/vegas-9-levels.htm

• rgbii
    rgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out

I mostly shoot with Canon DSLR's and have a similar issue with it, however, I tend to convert my footage to DNxHD for easier editing, and I've found that I don't have the color/contrast issue between Vegas and Hitfilm when using DNxHD, so a added bonus on top of faster editing :)

• Arek
    Arek Website User Posts: 83
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,991 Ambassador

@rgbii, you should look at the articles I linked, too. It really is just a RGB, sRGB mismatch, and if you see what Vegas is doing it will help you shift between any program, not just Vegas/Hitfilm. 

• rgbii
    rgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out

@Triem23 , thanks.I've glanced at some of that before (though I don't think those particular articles), and I probably should go over it again, but since DNxHD seems to work great for me between all my programs, I'll probably just stick to that.  A bit more disk space than I'd like, but consistant for me.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!