Getting started project Hitfilm Pro 3

HitFilmer289932HitFilmer289932 Website User Posts: 81 Just Starting Out

Hey

I followed along with the getting started video project for Hitfilm Pro 3 but for some reason I can't see any Gunsmoke.  I placed the Gunsmoke effect as in the video, one frame before the shotgun fire and below the Center.  I reduced the scale to 60% and in the emitter shape  I linked the attach to layer property to muzzle point as in the tutorial.  I also changed the rotation X for the emitter to 12 degrees.  Everything else turned out ok but I can't see the smoke.

Comments

• rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out

what are your system specs?  Specifically you GPU and how recent are it's drivers.

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff

Can you double-check that the gunsmoke layer isn't underneath the video layer?

• HitFilmer289932HitFilmer289932 Website User Posts: 81 Just Starting Out

Hello Axel

The top layer is Shotgun, followed by Gunsmoke,  Muzzle and Guards.  I went over your video and I did have one error and that was the scale of the Gunsmoke.  I had it at 24 instead of 60 but even after correcting that I still can't see the smoke.  I have the attach to layer property in the Emitter set to Muzzle Point and the Gunsmoke effect at 4 seconds and frankly I don't know why I can't see the smoke.  Everything else is ok.