Procedurally generated city - keeping the models static?

This may seem like a stupid question, but I have followed the tutorial to create a procedural city with 3D models and the particle engine. The problem is, that once I play the timeline, the 3D models do not remain in a static position, they jump from place to place. I have tried rectifying this by changing the particle speed to 0, but this doesn't seem to resolve the issue. How to I set it up for the 3D models (particles) to not move...?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,319 Ambassador

My guess is you haven't turned up the lifetime of the particles or keyframed the Emitter to stop spawning, so buildings pop in and out of existence. Turn up particles per second so everything spawns on frame 1, then keyframe the "Active" property of the emitter to "off" on frame 2. Then turn up lifetime to the length of the shot. 

• OnlyOneKenobiOnlyOneKenobi Website User Posts: 2

Ah, that make sense... Hitfilm is still very new to me, so still need to get used to some of the workflows. Thank you, I will check it out and advise.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,319 Ambassador

Check out this thread. I think it needs an update, but it's still the best way to browse existing tutorials. 

hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/4699/learning-hitfilm-an-epic-study-course/p1