FREE BONUS CONTENT mentioned in the Newsletter.

AdamGibsonAdamGibson Website User Posts: 4

Does anyone know where we can download the free bonus content mentioned in the newsletter? I just upgraded the Hitfilm 3 within the last month.

"This month only, get HitFilm 3 Pro with a collection of incredible 3D models, over 600 sound effects and 18 pyrotechnic video clips."

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,243 Staff

The bonus content is part of the special offer that is currently running, and applies to purchases of full HitFilm 3 Pro licenses (not upgrades) that are made during the month of January.

• AdamGibsonAdamGibson Website User Posts: 4

That's not very fun :(

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,058 Staff

But just to clarify @AdamGibson - upgraders did receive a reduced upgrade price in the January sale instead of that collection (the same as the pre-order period). This should have meant that you saved money on your upgrade to HitFilm 3 Pro instead?

• dsoldsol Website User Posts: 2

It's not exactly the same -  but if you want a bunch of nice 3D models at a bargain price, there's a good offer on at http://my3dtools.net/  at the moment. They're in Lightwave (.LWO) format, that Hitfilm supports - though some might be a bit high poly for lower-end GPUs.

• DanilothDaniloth Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 52 Enthusiast

@KirstieT I had wondered if Hitfilm might sell that bonus pack separately, i.e. $30/$35 dollars so those of us that upgraded could get the sound effects.  Just a thought.

@dsol That's a good point about the models from my3dtools.net   and we're uncertain if all are setup nicely in terms of textures and such for Hitfilm use without some work in Lightwave.   They are shooting for 300 units sold before distributing, and would seem to be around 80% there.

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,727 Ambassador
    edited January 2015

I have no doubt that the my3dtoosl.net model set are well made and textures will fit nicely.   The aircraft models alone are a steal considering the high quality.  

Many of them were used in actual production work and built to withstand being close to the camera view.  (i.e. no visible segments in curved surfaces)

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,304 Ambassador

That said, it does say in the my3dtools site that only two of the models come with UV's and the rest have mtl files. If you're not comfortable unwrapping and texturing,  the set may be of limited use. Although they should unwrap nicely..... 

• GrisbyGrisby Website User Posts: 299 Just Starting Out
    edited January 2015

I wouldn't say, it's not nice... it's simply UNFAIR to the loyalty Users, which are Customers since EFFECTSLAB PRO (!!!) like me...

Another annoyance besides the lack of new Tutorials...
    But slowly I familiarize with such Strategies from FXHome...

BTW: I am finally a proud User of the Update of Hitfilm 3 Pro... Life seems to get Sense again... but with a Smack...

EDIT: You really have the Nerv to mention, that Updaters save THIRTY Bugs... sorry, but THAT is our RIGHT as YOUR Customer. And I think, the Bonus is worth really more than just 30 Bugs... and I say BUGS, because, i payed 169 EURO, and wasnt able to pay this Time in Dollar... you also just want 169$ - so I LOOSE 17 Euro... just to be correct...

And now i go my Way to come to grips with the new Version - has no Sense to worry about it any longer...