Creating commercial graphics (answered)

ErnestSerranoErnestSerrano Website User Posts: 39
edited January 2015 in Post-production techniques

I've been asked to make a commercial for a friend which I just finished filming. The problem I have is how do I create the word graphics you find at the end of the commercial using HitFilm 3. If there is a tutorial out there please let me know. 

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,303 Ambassador

Go to YouTube and search for "Hitfilm Text Tutorial." This will bring up tutorials on Hitfilm's basic text tools, 3D Extrusion and text. Texturing text, and various effects tutorials, such as breaking text into particles, "title slam" effects, assorted 2D text effects. 

Sorry,  I don't feel like cutting and pasting 10 or 12 links on my smartphone. Besides, that would take much more time than it would take to do the YouTube search. 

• jaikezjaikez Website User Posts: 19

will tutorials for hitfilm 2   work for hitfilm 3   , i am new and the interface looks totally different , but what do i know

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,303 Ambassador

All Hitfilm 1 and 2 tutorials will work in 3. The interface in 3 looks different, but is functionally identical. 

The only thing to watch out for is Hitfilm 1 particle tutorials. The method of selecting particle textures was different in Hitfilm 1. However, the "Introducing the new Texture System"  tutorial for Hitfilm 2 is also how textures work in 3... The only difference in 3 is being able to use a 3D model as a texture source. 

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

Regarding the interface looking different, if you go to the Workspaces menu at the top-left and choose 'Classic', it'll arrange the interface to be approximately the same as in HitFilm 2 (other than being darker). That might make it easier to follow the older tutorials.