January content pack 2015 for buyers of Pro 3

FuzzSoftwareFuzzSoftware Website User Posts: 2
edited January 2015 in General

I just upgraded to Pro 3 because of the promise of a free content pack and I have no idea how to get it.  Is there something that I've missed.  I can't find a download link anywhere.

Comments

• NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out

If you go to "account" and then "downloads", it should be there. 

• DanilothDaniloth Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 52 Enthusiast

I wish they'd make the pack available to the early adopters/purchasers for a nominal fee.  But I've mentioned that before, so I guess I'm just whinging at this point.

• MichaelJamesMichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast
    edited January 2015

For the OG Hitfilmers... some of the pack looks like its from the 2012 Thanksgiving pack... the models are at least.

The thing I want is the audio

• DanilothDaniloth Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 52 Enthusiast

Thanks @MichaelJames.  I hadn't realized there might be overlap with the Thanksgiving Pack.  That I've got.  It's the hard thing with rewards; I'm sure someone always feels left out, and if the assets/resources get used in a tutorial or something it emphasizes that some people didn't get it.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,326 Ambassador
    edited January 2015

I'm not 100% certain if this asset pack is available for upgrade purchases--I think it's for new customers only?

EDIT: The January contact pack is for new purchases only. January UPGRADES were at a sale price. there's a discussion in this thread: http://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/6057/do-current-owners-who-just-purchased-hf3-have-access-to-free-january-pack#latest

Or, here's the relevant post from @KristieT (emphasis added by me):

"The bonus pack was specifically for those purchasing HitFilm 3 Pro new - those who upgrade to HitFilm 3 Pro in January instead received a reduced upgrade price. If you upgraded on the 31st then I am certain you will be able to take advantage of the January offer if you send in a support ticket: www.hitfilm.com/questions/submit "

• FuzzSoftwareFuzzSoftware Website User Posts: 2

Looks like I'm not eligible because I upgraded as opposed to being a new buyer.  It's not real clear on the purchase page.  If I had known this I would have bought the new customer version. Bad eyesight strikes again.

Bummer. :(

Thanks to all who responded.

• MichaelJamesMichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast

You would of bought  the new full version instead of the discounted upgrade price?  Go to triune films or videocopilot.net and purchase a sound pack or 2.  That way you can pick exactly what you might want and not have to worry about missing out.

• JoshuaBaldassarreJoshuaBaldassarre Website User Posts: 45
    edited January 2015

REASONS FOR JANUARY PACK TO BE AVAILABLE TO EARLY BUYERS:

-People who pre-ordered or bought Hitfilm 3 pro payed more except for people with the hitfilm 2 ultimate discount.

-Hitfilm 3 pro came out a month ago! why not release it at the beginning of 2015 instead of 1 month earlier and make the most sudden unfare discount!

I am not saying that hitfilm is terrible but it would make more sense if you considered my points. Hitfilm is parctically the best allrounding software on the planet!

• NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out
    edited January 2015

The software probably goes on sale in November so that people can buy it for Christmas. Also, I cant even count how many times I've bought a game on Steam that was on sale and then it had even deeper discounts a day or two later. No one can predict when a sale will happen or how much of a discount it will be. 

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

To clarify, the price of HitFilm 3 Pro hasn't changed. It's been the same $299 from announcement. 

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,058 Staff
    edited January 2015

Whoa @Triem23 - what happened to the 3 in your HitFilm 3 Pro quote? 
    Freaky. Lets see if we can get that sorted. 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,326 Ambassador

KristieT, I hadn't noticed. Heh. 

To everyone else. Look, in November there was a huge discounted price for preorders. In December, there was a lesser discounted price. In January, no discount, but a content pack as an incentive. Companies change sales and change incentives all the time. Now--I preordered in November (in fact, I preordered less than 5 minutes after preorders went live: I am probably the first HFP3 order). My $150 discount doesn't entitle me to the January Content Pack. Buying in December doesn't entitle you to the January Content Pack--especially since you obviously thought the software worth the purchase already. And to come in and all-boldface whine ain't gonna change that. It's kind of like walking into a gas station with last month's receipt and asking for a refund because gas prices went down. 

I usually do everything possible to be courteous and helpful in this forum, so believe me, the following is rare (which is why the mods will let me get away with, most likely) 

Aw, you bought in December and think it's unfair you can't take advantage of a promotion that started after your purchase? Tough shit, grow up, get over it and consider how fortunate you are to have amazing software like Hitfilm 3, and the Plug-Ins, for $100 less than Hitfilm Ultimate 2. 

• StephansBilderweltStephansBilderwelt Website User Posts: 523

Thank's Triem, has been about time someone made a point to this discussion. Can we close that down now? Thanks

• DreamArchitectDreamArchitect Website User Posts: 595 Enthusiast
  • KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,058 Staff
    edited January 2015

We'll keep the conversation open as, of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion about the discounts and promotions, and we don't want to discourage anyone talking about it on the forums :) 

@Triem23 has pretty much covered all the discounts we've offered since release, and has pointed out (in a tone MOST unlike his, and therefore we must take it very seriously ;P) that the content pack was a carefully considered promotion that we do consider to be less valuable than the pre-order period offer was.

There are promotions from time to time (some at more obvious times than others), and as company it's necessary for us to put a strict deadline on when users are eligible for that promotion. Unfortunately there will always be purchasers outside of that cutoff point, but if we move it, then we'll be moving it forever :D

• lazen98lazen98 Website User Posts: 1

I just bought hitfilm 3 pro and did not get the contents... Somebody help me?

Hey @lazen98 - you should have received a redemption email (check your junk and spam folders if you haven't got it yet) which contains your code to download the pack. 

If you can't find it, you can get the redemption code from your order history. You just need to sign in,  go to "account" then "orders". You will find the redemption code there with your recent purchase order for HitFilm 3 Pro. Hope this helps!