Anyone Using Vegas Pro13?

duffmanduffman Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 235 Enthusiast

I just spent one of the most  frustrating mornings with 12. It wont remember that I have an external controller,crashes when I go into options to find the controller, turn on GPU acceleration and it crashes. In general 12 seems pretty unstable.

So how is 13? Might it be the lucky number?

Duff

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,326 Ambassador

13 is less buggy than 12. Sony didn't make a big deal out of it, but 13 has rewritten core-code rather than the series of patches and repatches of the Vegas 8 code that made 9-12. A key goal in Vegas 13 was increased stability. My source for this is a posting by a Vegas dev on the So-Cal Vegas Users Yahoo group--but I don't feel like looking up his post.

GPU acceleration has still been wonky on NVidia cards. A lot of this has to do with changes to Nvidia architecture in the last two core hardware revisions: Vegas is not alone in having CUDA issues. (Which, when all is said and done, probably makes it better that Hitfilm is Open GL and not CUDA compliant). 

• rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out

Everything @Triem23 said.  I avoided Vegas Pro 12 as much as possible and used a copy of Studio 11 when I could.  Pro 13 does crash once in a while, but is much more stable than 12.

• RobinDaviesRollinsonRobinDaviesRollinson Website User Posts: 40

I'm more than happy with Vegas Pro 13 - very stable with me. Great integration with Hitfilm too.

• dancerchrisdancerchris Website User Posts: 76 Just Starting Out

Vegas Pro 13 stable for me.  Help file has been a bit wonky though.

• KadriKadri Website User Posts: 171

Vegas Pro 12 is very stable for me. I don't use the GPU effects just because i heard bad things about those problems. I have used it with an Ati card and now with a NVidia with no problem. Vegas Pro 13 doesn't seam so worth to me for an upgrade. Is it? I will wait for 14.

• duffmanduffman Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 235 Enthusiast

Thank you for all the replies.

Been using VP12 since first came out. Yeah it was crashy and buggy, but nothing like what I went through yesterday. For some reason every bug showed up, continually.

Duff