Red Giant Universe Plugin Beta for HitFilm 3 Pro

RuthPierichRuthPierich Website User Posts: 1

Red Giant, maker of Magic Bullet Looks and other popular video plug-ins is announcing today a search for beta testers who would like to test Red Giant's Universe plugins inside of HitFilm 3 Pro.

Red Giant Universe is a community that gives members access to fast and powerful free and premium tools for editing, filmmaking, visual effects and motion design.  Every tool in the Universe library of effects and transitions is GPU-accelerated, both Mac and Windows compatible, and works across multiple host applications. 

The continuously growing library currently includes 81 post-production plugins. Within the 1.3 release you’ll find popular film-aging effects like RetroGrade, Carousel, and VHS, lens flares with Knoll Light Factory EZ, Holomatrix and Glitch plugins for futuristic and digital looks, and Video-to-Cartoon filters with our rotoscoping ToonIt tools.  In addition we’ve included 22 unique transitions and a large selection of high quality blurs, glows, generators and distortion effects.

If you’re interested in becoming a Universe beta tester, please submit your info by filling out this online form and we’ll add you to our private pre-release Universe beta once we have plugins ready for testing: http://www.redgiant.com/universebetatesters/

For questions about Universe, please visit https://www.redgiant.com/universe or contact [email protected] for inquiries about the betas.

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    edited January 2015

This is a really exciting development for HitFilm users. Here's the Universe promo video, for anybody who missed it back at launch:

http://vimeo.com/87001310

• SoFuegoProductionsSoFuegoProductions Website User Posts: 20
    edited January 2015

I am very excited for this news! I love these plugins (using them since 1.0), and bringing their functionality in Hitfilm will allow me to incorporate Hitfilm more often in my workflow for future projects. I just signed up for beta testing.

@RuthPierich Please do this for trapcode and all your other suites too. It would be a good move especially in the case of trapcode because true unified 3d space would be so powerful for these plugins and would make the need for things like obscuration layers obsolete.

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,727 Ambassador

Sounds pretty cool, but do these plugins really work with HF?

The host compatibility list is AE, Premiere, Final Cut and Apple Motion.  

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,305 Ambassador

Ahem. @Stargazer54 when you sign up for a Beta test you're getting the not-quite-ready versions to break. The goal being to make sure the plug-ins work. 

Red Giant will update theirwebsite when the final retail version is announced/released.  

• SoFuegoProductionsSoFuegoProductions Website User Posts: 20
    edited January 2015

Stargazer54 According to the main post, the beta version of Universe will soon. It seems they add on new supported OFX based apps with every update.

The current version release also supports DaVinci Resolve and it seems they are going to be adding Avid support as well.

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,727 Ambassador

Alrighty then.   The original post and does indeed say the offer is to beta test plugins for HF.   Just didn't see any mention of it on their website, hence the confusion on my part.

This discussion has been closed.