Our Legacy. Your Legacy.

DetCordDetCord Website User Posts: 10

Personal project that was picked up by CNN and FXN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkJdXGdLziQ

Comments

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    edited January 2015

Excellent! I have relatives and friends in the military and it disturbs me to see the stats at the end of the vid. They put their lives at risk for us and all the gov't can do is reduce or take away their benefits, pay and meals.

So was this used as a commercial on CNN & FXN(?) or was it a featured piece? Have you tried getting this on FNC?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador

That's a very effective bit of editing there, and a sad reminder of how the US government has, and continues to not provide adequate support to so many of it's veterans.

I would assume this was a feature piece, since at a minute-48 it's way too long for a commercial spot.

• DetCordDetCord Website User Posts: 10

CNN picked it up as a part of the CNN Heroes commercial. FNC ran a story concerning Veterans and issues relating to them and used this footage.

Since then, CNN has contacted me with a proposition of doing a full-length documentary on lacking Veterans care. I haven't decided if I'll do it or not. 

• DetCordDetCord Website User Posts: 10

Bit of a update:

We were picked up by CNN Docs. Looks to see a full-length film by next year.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador

Congratulations! Are they providing any back-end support to help you film/edit?

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,056 Staff

That's wonderful @DetCord! Congratulations on a great piece of work!