Win TT fonts

davide445davide445 Website User Posts: 306 Just Starting Out

Just to know no way to load Win True Type fonts into HF3P?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,250 Ambassador

I believe TT fonts need to be loaded into your system by right-clicking the font file and selecting "install." Once loaded into the Windows library they should appear in Hitfilm. Certainly my 3000 installed fonts show up in Hitfilm. 

• davide445davide445 Website User Posts: 306 Just Starting Out
    edited December 2014

From the HF3P PDF User Guide "On Windows only the ANSI character set is available".

The font I want to use (AR DECODE) it's a TrueType font already installed on the system and didn't show up in the list, strage thing is looking as example Arial font opening it in the preview it's stated also to be an TT font and is showing itself in HF film.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,250 Ambassador

That's because ANSI is the character rules set up as the standard by Microsoft. ANSI refers to characters 0-255 in a font, and typically means "Latin" letters. This isn't good for Cyrillic,Greek, Kanji or Arabic characters (among others), but means you're ok for English, Spanish, German, French and other languages using these characters. 

To be blunt, AR Decode is a freeware font and it's designer might have deviated from normal TrueType standards. I do have a few fonts on my system that don't load correctly into Hitfilm, Vegas or Photoshop. Whenever I come across one, I bring it into a font editor and usually discover the font was built wrong to begin with. (Side note: I have a few models that have rendering issues in Hitfilm. Looking at those in a modeller, they all have geometry errors and bad topography.) In other words, it's possible that AR DECODE is a crap font built wrong.

May I suggest you look for the Fonts "Chopin Script" and "Vivaldi?" Both work in Hitfilm (I use 'em both) and both are somewhat similar to AR DECODE. In fact, AR DECODE looks like a variation of Chopin Script.  

edited December 2014

Triem23 you are really a nice person, really. Where else you can find a forumeer that not only give you good advice but also search for you the font that can replace mine long searched artistic one?

Will keep in mind what you say and test new fonts or maybe put old one in a picture with transparent background.

That's the nicest thing said to me (online) this month. 

. I didn't  need to look for a font. When I saw yours, my first thought was "it looks a lot like Chopin Script." That's been my basic wedding font for a decade. 

Putting a graphic on a background can be a great idea. I did that in my last two titles, which let me do some bevel effects I couldn't do in Hitfilm.  

Indeed AR DECODE was the font did use for my wedding printed menu :)!

Will try yours for the final version in the video.