Removing proxy files

FlickeringLightFlickeringLight Website User Posts: 58
edited December 2014 in Post-production techniques

Does Hitfilm 3 Pro automatically clear out or delete Proxy files or do I need to manually delete them from the AppData folder when a project is complete?

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff

You can clear proxies from the Proxy tab of the Options/Preferences, or by selecting specific clips in the Media panel and removing proxies. This is recommended over manually deleting the files form the AppData folder. But HitFilm won't automatically delete them on you.

• rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out

In the options there is a proxy tab you can use to delete proxies. I wish it had the option to delete for the current project only, but it only has a delete all option.

• FlickeringLightFlickeringLight Website User Posts: 58

Thanks Axel, I just tried that but it seems to only work for the current project, would it be possible/useful to have a "clean up" command that would clear all caches as these are real space guzzlers, especially if you don't know where they are (4gb in the folder from todays 2 projects)

• TommyCampbellTommyCampbell Website User Posts: 35

A per project location for proxies would be a nice feature.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,303 Ambassador

Steal a page from Imagineer--mocha solves automatically go to a subfolder of the source video--send proxies to a subfolder of the Hitfilm project. Easy to find and delete, OR easy to find if you want to save proxies with project backups/archives.