De-activate old to install new?

duffmanduffman Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 235 Enthusiast

Do I need to de-activate HF on my old computer before installing on the new one?

Duff

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,307 Ambassador

Nope. My HF2 Express and Ultimate and my Hitfilm Pro are all installed on the same machine, and updates cheerfully install over existing versions. 

• RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast

With you HitFilm 3 come 3 activations you can simultaneously use. If you've used them up you have to deactivate HitFilm on a machine you don't use it on anymore, otherwise you can leave it activated just in case.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,307 Ambassador

Oops, good thing Robin came along because I misread the initial question. Yeah, you get three installs, so go ahead and leave it on your old machine for now. Also, you can deactivate an install from your profile on this site, so (hypothetically), if your comp had a catastrophic failure--say the drive fried--your install isn't locked on the dead machine.