Paulways
Paulways Posts: 5 Just Starting Out
CPU: 2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

GPU:Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

OS; MacOS Monterey 12.5.1

Hitfilm 4 Express 4.0.0146

RAM;16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X

MacBook Pro

Hi all! I've been using HF4E for many years, and had a great overall experience. I'm trying to type some Chinese text onto the video. I can't use my computer's pinyin text, and I can't even copypaste Chinese characters into Hitfilm. Is there anything I can do that's better than just importing screenshots of text?

Thanks much!
Tagged:

Answers

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,208 Expert

Unfortunately, the ability to place Chinese and other foreign language text wasn't added to HitFilm until after version 4. Sorry!

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,255 Expert

@Paulways You should be able to have concurrent installations of the new Hitfilm Free and your existing HF4E if you computer can handle the specs. Not a technical guy here so not at all sure.

Of course, you will not be able to open any work saved out of Free in your old version. Just an option.

• Paulways
    Paulways Posts: 5 Just Starting Out
    Thanks Filmsensei and tddavis, I've been getting practice with HF4E for years, in y'all's opinions, is this a good occasion to finally upgrade to a more recent version of Hitfilm?
    I'm not confident on technical stuff, but if I can get a workaround with Hitfilm Free, I'm darn ready to try!
    Thanks for your input!