Are my specs enough to export a 19 min video ?

Idkeb
Idkeb Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

Hi guys,

I edited/created a 19 min video but it always crashes, when i try to export it.

Here are my specs.

Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz  2.42 GHz

Ram: 16 GB

Graphic: Intel Iris xe

Windows 11

Please help me to find a solution, thanks in advance!

Answers

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,967 Ambassador

Thanks, for posting system specs!

Check that your drivers (especially GPU) are updated. Review the info here https://fxhome.com/support/hitfilm and click on "Find out how". Scroll to the bottom for Intel graphics.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,401 Power User

To build off what @Stargazer54 writes, it's less about the time of the video and more about how complex it is.

Hitfilm is VERY GPU dependant. All effects and frame renders pass through the GPU. In your case you don't have a dedicated GPU, only the integrated GPU in your CPU. Therefore you are "low spec." A dedicated GPU will have its own RAM, an integrated GPU has to share system RAM. Fortunately, you've got 16GB so there's some RAM to spare (if you had 8GB, you'd be pushing it).

It's going to come down to how complex your edit is and how many/what effects you've used. Basic color correction (Curves, Hue/Saturation, etc) are light on resources. Green screen stuff uses more. Getting into advanced features, like 3D models or particles, can eat up GPU power for breakfast.

Hitfilm uses more resources on Export than edit. There's a global anti aliasing on Exports that isn't used during editing. You CAN turn on anti aliasing in the Viewer, but that will slow edit performance.

Tip. If your edit uses Composite Shots you can "Pre-render" them. This renders the Comp to a (lossless) video file used for final export. This also frees system resources since Hitfilm is now treating the Comp as a single video file instead of procedural media being calculated and rendered on the fly. Since you have a low powered system, pre render your Comps. It'll take time, but could be the difference between a successful render and a crash.

And, as Stargazer said, check your drivers.

Note that Intel changed the way they do driver updates. Do NOT trust Windows to correctly identify new drivers. Use Intel Driver and Support Assistant.